Corsair Community

XMP = overclocking failed on 3000mhz ram

svLegendeN

Hello guys,

Maybe you will be able to help me on this ....

I'm running a 8700k on MSI Z370 gaming pro carbon AC(bios : 7B45vA3) and bought CMK16GX4M2B3000C15W v 5.39

I tried both xmp and manually set up the timings+voltage but it ends at an overclocking failed. So i'm basically stuck @ 2133mhz for now...

what should I do ???

Thanks in advance for your answers ;)

• Corsair Employee
I just updated the bios to the last version available and still nothing .... I'm lost really :(:

Try running a memtest, if no issues then get a replacement with the vendor. If problems, you can also contact them or submit a ticket.

Try running a memtest, if no issues then get a replacement with the vendor. If problems, you can also contact them or submit a ticket.

I'm getting a stable 2400mhz 14-16-16-31 @ 1.2V (no memtest errors). At 2666 mhz 16-18-18-35 i got bsod or auto repair windows even at 1.2 , 1.25 and a lot of errors in memtest at 1.3v.

And at 1.35 pc don't boot at all.....

Is this really a ram problem or maybe something else ?

I note that exact memory module does not appear on the MSI memory compatibility list? Perhaps you just won't get the speed you hoped for from this board.

It seems one of the fixes with the latest BIOS was memory compatibility but they're obviously not there yet.

I just upgraded a system with the same motherboard & CPU but slightly different modules (CMR32GX4M4C3600C18; 4x8GB). These are on their list but still had stability issues - couldn't get XMP to work at all. Win 10 64 bit.

The board was one BIOS version old so I updated that - still not joy. Booted fine with XMP disabled, but a couple of usually stable games unexpectedly crashed.

Went thru the driver CD just to be sure I wasn't missing something - versions appeared ok but I (re)installed them anyway.

Performed a manual default BIOS load, let Win boot once, re-booted with XMP enabled and this time was ok.

Ran Prime95 for an hour; ran thru Memtest86 for couple of hours (confirmed I was at 3600 with values as per the module label); even beat up the GPU with "Valley" for about 30 min. No issues. Re ran the games - good as gold.

I'm not sure what I did to fix things, but could be worthwhile to re-check drivers. There is also an additional BIOS setting regarding memory comparability you could take a look at - I forget the name.

Archived