Corsair Community

Constant crashing since installing TrackIR 5

fubar2niner

Hi all, new to this forum so please forgive if this is in the wrong place.

Corsair link keeps crashing after I installed TrackIR 5 software version 5.2.2 Final. I uninstalled trackir software ( including the 64bit USB drivers) and still Corsair link crashes. I have since uninstalled using the recommended method and tried reinstalling 4 times.

No dice, I have noticed that the USB dongle driver refuses to install now, this obviously does not help. I have dis/re connected the lead to the mobo USB hub still no dice.

In desperation I tried three earlier versions;

v2.5.5145 (no workie, again usb dongle refuses to install) crash on startup.

v2.4.5110 this works, at least it doesn't crash, and the dongle installs. Only problem it doesn't find my hydro fans and I have no profiles or quick adjusts in my taskbar !!!

As a thought I tried reinstalling v2.6.5214 using 2.4.5110 dongle driver...... You guessed it crash!!!! I really need some help here chaps as I really am getting a little more than frustrated.

Tried to send a ticket to Ramguy, however support doesn't recognise the product code and gives no option for software problems :confused::confused:

System:

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force

Intel i4770k Haswell @3.5GHz (shop clocked to 4.4GHz but afraid to use it with no fan control)

16GB TeamGroup Vulcan DDR3 PC3 @1600MHz

2x EVGA GTX580 Superclocked

Rig starts, interface appears ie. corsair ,then crash with this error:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: CorsairLINK.exe

Application Version: 2.6.5214.22846

Application Timestamp: 5348537c

Fault Module Name: clr.dll

Fault Module Version: 4.0.30319.18444

Fault Module Timestamp: 52717e84

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000af73a

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 03ac

Additional Information 2: 03acc2731df00a9713b9c735758f0c87

Additional Information 3: 6bd8

Additional Information 4: 6bd8a7c7f2d603bfc653f2205fd12aa0

I am fresh out of ideas, any help much appreciated

Best regards.

Matin

This an update to my previous thread here;

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=130726

Hopefully this is good news for all.... In desperation I tried installing latest 2.6.5214 using windows safe mode with networking. then rebooted and voilla no more crashing all my fans show as does main CorsairLINK interface. I have been rebooting both cold and restarts in equal measure since fifteen minutes after my initial help post. I'll keep monitoring this and post back sometime tomorrow.

As a bonus TrackIR is working too :D:

Best regards.

fubar2niner

Hi all hope someone reads this, surprised I haven't had one single reply but hey ho. Anyways, four days down the line and not a single crash. I can open links main gui interface ie. the computer img, no crashes.... Minimize option sticks all looking good, hope this helps people.

Best regards.

fubar2niner

• 2 weeks later...
This an update to my previous thread here;

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=130726

Hopefully this is good news for all.... In desperation I tried installing latest 2.6.5214 using windows safe mode with networking. then rebooted and voilla no more crashing all my fans show as does main CorsairLINK interface. I have been rebooting both cold and restarts in equal measure since fifteen minutes after my initial help post. I'll keep monitoring this and post back sometime tomorrow.

As a bonus TrackIR is working too :D:

Best regards.

fubar2niner

Hi all hope someone reads this, surprised I haven't had one single reply but hey ho. Anyways, four days down the line and not a single crash. I can open links main gui interface ie. the computer img, no crashes.... Minimize option sticks all looking good, hope this helps people.

Best regards.

fubar2niner

this is further proof that each user has different reasons that their system faults due to the type of hardware/software is currently installed that can interfere with the link,,this is the problems Corsair has had to deal with as most every instance is different.

fubar2niner

its good to see you got things up and running...

Archived