Corsair Community

lighting node messed up with last beta

rakimbadu

After installing last corsair link beta for windows 8.1 it asked me to update the lighting node firmware. Now occasionally the software doesn't see the node and also, after a cold boot it lose the color i assigned to it a become blu! only in windows after the software starts, if recognize the node, the right colors pop up. Before this update i had 2 different color assigned and them stay the same also on cold boot. Already tried different other version of the software, nothing solved the problem, always blu light on boot a sometimes not recognized node please help

I had this problem for many months running the old software. Don't trust the new software, and definately don't trust it when it wants to update firmwares. It almost bricked my cooling node but thankfully I was able to roll it back.

i installed the first version (2.1.1) in virtualized windows 7. It see the node, i can change color, but if i shut down and than power on the pc led color return blu until i reopen the software. Don't know why but it seems like it doesn't save the profile inside the node so it needs the software first, but before all this it worked fine always with the color i chosed

i also found i firmware file of the lighting node on this forum, but if i try to update, after it reach 100% pop up an error..After a reboot and changing the usb port on the motherboard all return as before, nothing change..possibly is it becouse of the commander firmware? i have the last 2.0.6 installed maybe i need an older one?

If the Lightning node is seen fine in virtualized Windows 7, i don't think there is anything wrong with the Lightning node. Have you tried an older version of the software for 8.1?

The colours not changing until the software is reopened is normal i think.

i also found i firmware file of the lighting node on this forum, but if i try to update, after it reach 100% pop up an error..After a reboot and changing the usb port on the motherboard all return as before, nothing change..possibly is it becouse of the commander firmware? i have the last 2.0.6 installed maybe i need an older one?

Do you have the link for the firmware, the new beta messed up my lighting node. I installed a older version of the software now it's reading my lighting node as a H80

you will need the 2.0.6 installed

theres an older version that has the same filename but will only install on the proper device...

Im sorry Wytnyt, I dont understand. My cooling node worked fine and my Lighting node worked fine. "Updates found" came up for both nodes so i mistakenly pressed update all. Now in no software revision will my cooling node show and my LED's now do not work (Manual or software) and the node only shows in 2.4.4948 as a H80. It needs flashing back to lighting node FW but cannot find it. Probably no hopre for the cooling node.:[pouts:

Im sorry Wytnyt, I dont understand. My cooling node worked fine and my Lighting node worked fine. "Updates found" came up for both nodes so i mistakenly pressed update all. Now in no software revision will my cooling node show and my LED's now do not work (Manual or software) and the node only shows in 2.4.4948 as a H80. It needs flashing back to lighting node FW but cannot find it. Probably no hopre for the cooling node.:[pouts:

all of the software/firmware is here

on the cooling node,go to 1.1.12 and only then if needed,go to 1.2.5

some resign themselves to thinking the node is bricked,,,i dont believe in this happening tho...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=105156

all of the software/firmware is here

on the cooling node,go to 1.1.12 and only then if needed,go to 1.2.5

some resign themselves to thinking the node is bricked,,,i dont believe in this happening tho...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=105156

Im sorry if there is something i am not getting but all that is linked on that thread is the cooling node FW, nothing at all linked for lighting node. Also not 1 rev of software will see my cooling node connected to my commander and they see my LED node as "Unknown node". Whenever i attempt to flash FW to an "unknown node" it says it is the wrong FW.:sigh!:

im sorry mitch,your right

ill look for it

Not to hijack the thread but an update from me. I have managed to find both nodes on Rev 2.1.1 as "unidentified units". I have then ripped the firmwares folder from the 2.6.5214 install package. I then attempted to flash the Lighting 1.1.9 to the number slot the lighting node was plugged into and it says its attempting to reset the bootloader. A popup the appears saying failed to reset the node. Same with the cooling node. Any clues?

Not to hijack the thread but an update from me. I have managed to find both nodes on Rev 2.1.1 as "unidentified units". I have then ripped the firmwares folder from the 2.6.5214 install package. I then attempted to flash the Lighting 1.1.9 to the number slot the lighting node was plugged into and it says its attempting to reset the bootloader. A popup the appears saying failed to reset the node. Same with the cooling node. Any clues?

How did you get the firmware out of the install package

It's in the install folder under the firmwareimages folder.

@mitch

Have you tried the newer software as it has a new firmware updater. If i remember correctly, it allowed a user to flash a recovery firmware then flash the correct firmware back. Not sure if its 100% reliable though.

@usmarine0622

The first time i installed the new software, I roamed around and found the folder FirmwareImages. In that folder is the original FW for lighting and cooling nodes. As Toasted had said ^.

@Toasted

Yes thanks you, i have come on to share my words of relief and you have pretty much cracked it. After trying all older versions of the software, I reinstalled the motherF@#~er that got me into this mess. I then plugged in my lighting node only, cold booted the PC and ran the software. It then picked up an unknown node on FW 0.0.0. I manually used the lighting FW from the install and flashed it. Hooraaaaaaaaaay, it worked. I rinse and repeated for the cooling node and now all is running well again. :D

@usmarine0622

The first time i installed the new software, I roamed around and found the folder FirmwareImages. In that folder is the original FW for lighting and cooling nodes. As Toasted had said ^.

@Toasted

Yes thanks you, i have come on to share my words of relief and you have pretty much cracked it. After trying all older versions of the software, I reinstalled the motherF@#~er that got me into this mess. I then plugged in my lighting node only, cold booted the PC and ran the software. It then picked up an unknown node on FW 0.0.0. I manually used the lighting FW from the install and flashed it. Hooraaaaaaaaaay, it worked. I rinse and repeated for the cooling node and now all is running well again. :D

Hmmmm I must be missing something I did any search of my entire hard drive and didn't come up with a FirmwareImages folder. I also checked the installation folder it's not there

Archived