Corsair Community

Commander Pro - One fan will not change speed (intermittently)

gaspari

Hi,

I have an odd problem with my commander pro and it fixes it self when rebooting corsair link. The problem is that i have different fan profiles which sets my fans to different speed depending if i game,benchmark,just browsing the web.

So when i change the profile all my fans changes speed to the speed set to the fan, except one of the fans (rear fan). And if i quit Corsair link and start it again, that fan speed will correct itself according to that profiles fan speed.

My Setup:

9 X ML120 Fans (connected via a 3 splitter) so total ports used on the commander pro is 3.

1 X ML140 Connected to it's own port.

Corsair link version: 4.9.6.19

Commander Pro version: 0.7.199 (bootloader 0.3)

It does not seem to be a hardware issue since rebooting the corsair link fixes the issue.

I am not running any third-party software in the background when testing.

Anyone have any clues where to start troubleshooting?

First, we've seen issues with 3-way splitters on the CoPro. So ... there's that.

Second ... a question ... what is your control variable for the fan curve in question?

Well as the setup goes

1st port - 3x fan-splitter (3xml120) top

2nd port - 3x fan-splitter (3xml120) front rad

3rd port - 3x fan-splitter (3xml120) rear rad

4th port - 1x fan (1xml140) connected via cable extender (single,not sure if 3 or 4pin)

It's the 4th port and the one only running 1x Fan

The fan curve is set as:

"Chilling":

all fans set to fixed RPM 800

"Gaming easy":

Rear and front Rad (6x fans) set to fixed 1300RPM

Rear fan (1x) fixed 1000rpm

Top fans (3x) fixed 1000rpm

"Gaming heavy"

Rear and front Rad (6x fans) set to fixed 1600RPM

Rear fan (1x) fixed 1300rpm

Top fans (3x) fixed 1300rpm

So there is no control variable. Interesting.

What I would suggest is to see if you can make it happen and then immediately export logs. Post those here and note the time when you did the profile switch. We can then get Corsair to take a look at it.

So there is no control variable. Interesting.

What I would suggest is to see if you can make it happen and then immediately export logs. Post those here and note the time when you did the profile switch. We can then get Corsair to take a look at it.

Yeah i know, and it's also intermittent. I just tried to re-create the problem, no succes after 10 tries to force it to break :sigh!: But i have activated debuglogging so i hope i can re-create the problem!

I guess what you need is the service_trace.log & client_trace.log and timestamp when it happened? Or is it something more?

iCue has a function to export logs. Go to Settings and you'll see a button on the bottom. Use that.

Well i got to reproduce the problem just now and don't have iCue installed. I got the stacktraces of the problem. Not sure where to upload the files so i uploaded three logfiles as .zip on my google drive.

Can be found HERE!

Example from stacktrace in service_trace.log

2018-04-16 19:45:33.1004 | 6 | WARN: DeviceControlExtentions | Exception of type System.ArgumentNullException occured (try 1 of 5) 
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: first
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.SequenceEqual[TSource](IEnumerable`1 first, IEnumerable`1 second, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.CommandsCache.ProDeviceCommandsCache.CanSetFan(ProDeviceFanIndexType index, Byte[] data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDeviceDataProcessor.WriteFanSpeed(ProDeviceFanIndexType index, UInt16 value)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDevice.ProcessControlData(DeviceCommunicationData data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Barbuda.BarbudaDeviceComponent.ProcessControlData(DeviceCommunicationData data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.ProDevicesComponent.<InternalProcessControlData>d__11.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseControlledComponent.<ProcessControlData>d__0.MoveNext()
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Utils.DeviceControlExtentions.<ProcessDeviceRequest>d__0.MoveNext() 
2018-04-16 19:45:33.2135 | 12 | WARN: DeviceControlExtentions | Exception of type System.ArgumentNullException occured (try 2 of 5) 

Example from stacktrace in service_error.log

2018-04-16 19:45:33.5371 | 8 | ALPHA-8700K | 4.9.6.19 | DevicesMonitor | -> 
Parameter name: first
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.SequenceEqual[TSource](IEnumerable`1 first, IEnumerable`1 second, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.CommandsCache.ProDeviceCommandsCache.CanSetFan(ProDeviceFanIndexType index, Byte[] data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDeviceDataProcessor.WriteFanSpeed(ProDeviceFanIndexType index, UInt16 value)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.FanDevice.ProFanDevice.ProcessControlData(DeviceCommunicationData data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Barbuda.BarbudaDeviceComponent.ProcessControlData(DeviceCommunicationData data)
  at CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.ProDevicesComponent.<InternalProcessControlData>d__11.MoveNext()
  at CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseControlledComponent.<ProcessControlData>d__0.MoveNext()
  at CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Utils.DeviceControlExtentions.<ProcessDeviceRequest>d__0.MoveNext()
  at CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Core.DevicesMonitor.<RunTask>d__29.MoveNext()

Oh ... wait ... you're using Link, not iCue?

hehe yeah im only using link so i really cant export any logs from iCue :-) Should i download and install it? It seem so bloated and i want my bootups and background running applications to have a small footprint, cpu/mem usage. The .MSI installer is 250mb or something :O

Minimized (no dashboard open) it uses about 3-5% CPU overall to control ALL of my RGB (which is quite a bit ... 12 Fans, 11 strips, K/B, Mouse, cooler, mousepad, headset stand). Memory is around 400MB ... because it keeps history of sensor readings. It's pretty steady at that tho.

Considering what it's doing, it's pretty efficient. That said, we can get this to the Link folks.

Minimized (no dashboard open) it uses about 3-5% CPU overall to control ALL of my RGB (which is quite a bit ... 12 Fans, 11 strips, K/B, Mouse, cooler, mousepad, headset stand). Memory is around 400MB ... because it keeps history of sensor readings. It's pretty steady at that tho.

Considering what it's doing, it's pretty efficient. That said, we can get this to the Link folks.

I'll try it when it's not in beta/early-access :-)

If you can get it to the link people it would be awesome, just if there is some troubleshooting tips or something i can try to remove the problem. It's not a major deal, but it's still annoying as h*ll

Just got a new update for Corsair Link - I'll wait and see if the problem is gone now :-)

Archived