Corsair Community

Which memory for i7-7700K + Asus Strix 270i?

tyrannosaurus

Probably any of the Vengeance LPX dual kits should work, however you might have to manually enable the XMP. I would recommend to not get one of the highest available frequency kits, unless you are ok with having to adjust settings by yourself (timings, voltages).

Probably any of the Vengeance LPX dual kits should work, however you might have to manually enable the XMP. I would recommend to not get one of the highest available frequency kits, unless you are ok with having to adjust settings by yourself (timings, voltages).

Thank You for help.

I've purchased DDR-3200 in error which works standard @2133 and XMP@3200 but not @2400. With activating XMP my cpu temps were jumping beyond 80°C.

So meanwhile I've searched some threads and found this memory which is QVL rog strix gaming Z270i and fits the specs of my cpu:

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, DDR4-2400, CL16-16-16-39 (CMK16GX4M2A2400C16)

If there are better solutions any further help is welcomed.

My specs:

Asus Rog Strix 270i Gaming

i7-7700K

Cpu Cooler: Noctua NH-9i with NOCTUA NF-A9 PWM

Samsung 960 Pro NVMe

Thank You for help.

I've purchased DDR-3200 in error which works standard @2133 and XMP@3200 but not @2400. With activating XMP my cpu temps were jumping beyond 80°C.

Most kits only have one XMP for their rated specs. So if you want DDR4-2400, that's what you'd have to buy. The temp issue usually goes back to motherboards overcompensating voltages for the higher memory frequency and sometimes to some auto-cpu-oc that is in some weird (and -sorry- totally stupid) way tied to activating the XMP. If you manually adjust the VCCSA and the IO voltages and keep an eye on the cpu settings DDR4-3200 shouldn't really add much to cpu temps overall.

• 1 year later...

Archived