Corsair Community

new AX850 Kicks 15-AMP Breaker!

SkyRyder

Purchased AX850 PSU from Newegg on 4/20/2011; worked great for the week and ½ that it functioned. Unit sits on 15 amp dedicated breaker; kicked the breaker and scared the hell out of me, never seen that kind of thing happen before! No smoke or burn smell from the PSU. Paperclip test confirms unit to be deader than a door nail! Good thing I still had my HX750, put it back in and everything came back up. Luckily it didn’t damage the motherboard, or any of the other components, as far as I can tell.

Looking for power efficiency in a PSU, I grabbed the Newegg offer. Thinking I had a winner, unfortunately, I had cut and removed the product code from the box, required for rebate, the day before, so I can’t send it back to Newegg.

This is a simple setup for rendering and image work; no extreme over clocking!

I’ve posted request for RMA. I guess this brick will cost an arm and leg to send back!?

Once you get the RMA number please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see what they can do to help with shipping.

Sorry, didn't see this, shipping fee assist, until after RMA #1226671 had shipped. So, I've already eaten the $32.42 Priority Mail, Insured. :mad: Well, there goes the Newegg Promo along with Corsair's Rebate!

BTW...PSU shows to have been delivered to Corsair on: 05/04, but I never did receive any email confirmation from Corsair. Case ID: 2026083

• 2 weeks later...

Archived