Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX @ 1333mhz on Asus Striker II NSE

adamljbrown

I am having difficulty getting my TW3X4G1333C9DHX to run stable @ 9-9-9-24-2T on 1.7v (what they are marked as). I only have the 2 modules and they are running in dual channel mode. It appears my Striker II NSE overvolts slightly? I have tested using latest memtest with the following volts and only found 1.8v to be stable so far.

1.6, 1.66, 1.68, 1.7, 1.72, 1.8 All of the 1.6's failed in memtest or froze in memtest while 1.7 & 1.72 freeze Vista once booted or under load e.g. running a game. 1.8v no problems running stable 24/7.

Is 1.8v fine and is it in my best interests to test the voltages between 1.7 & 1.8 to see if i can reduce & keep stability. Or is it a matter of if it aint broke don't fix it?

Thanks for the help

Your memory is warranted for life at up to and including 2.0v so 1.8v is fine. It's always a good thing to test and see if you can set the voltage lower though, but it's not really all that important.

I am having difficulty getting my TW3X4G1333C9DHX to run stable @ 9-9-9-24-2T on 1.7v (what they are marked as). I only have the 2 modules and they are running in dual channel mode. It appears my Striker II NSE overvolts slightly? I have tested using latest memtest with the following volts and only found 1.8v to be stable so far.

1.6, 1.66, 1.68, 1.7, 1.72, 1.8 All of the 1.6's failed in memtest or froze in memtest while 1.7 & 1.72 freeze Vista once booted or under load e.g. running a game. 1.8v no problems running stable 24/7.

Is 1.8v fine and is it in my best interests to test the voltages between 1.7 & 1.8 to see if i can reduce & keep stability. Or is it a matter of if it aint broke don't fix it?

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the clarification i will slowly drop the volts and test until stability becomes an issue. Was worried mainly because it says 1.7v on the ram which is unstable as is either side of 1.7v. I am assuming the cons to running higher volts (now i know it is covered under warranty) is higher heat and power use?

Higher voltage will increase the thermals, but a .1v is a very slight raise and your motherboard may well be undervolting the memory by .1v.

Thanks for the clarification i will slowly drop the volts and test until stability becomes an issue. Was worried mainly because it says 1.7v on the ram which is unstable as is either side of 1.7v. I am assuming the cons to running higher volts (now i know it is covered under warranty) is higher heat and power use?

Archived