Corsair Community

Dark Core wired issue

PEneoark

While wired via USB to my laptop, if I open CUE, the profile button on the mouse stops working and all lighting is disabled. The mouse is also on the latest firmware revision. I have also tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling CUE. Is this normal?

Double check the brightness setting and whether power save mode is enabled under Global settings.

Power save mode is under Global Settings > Wireless settings.

How many profiles are in the list? Are they software profiles?

CUE will switch software profiles by default ignoring the hardware profiles.

Double check the brightness setting and whether power save mode is enabled under Global settings.

Power save mode is under Global Settings > Wireless settings.

How many profiles are in the list? Are they software profiles?

CUE will switch software profiles by default ignoring the hardware profiles.

Brightness is all the way up. On the profile list, I have Default, Dark Core RGB HW 1, 2 and 3.

At this point, this seems to be a CUE bug. I cannot have both devices lit up when CUE is running. Once I quit CUE, my K68 and Dark Core start functioning normally. The only problem that this presents me with is that I can no longer run a custom lighting profile on my K68 and still have the mouse functioning normally.

Click the Dark Core device screen. Does CUE reflect any lighting effects applied?

If the zones are blank/dark, Create a lighting layer and assign it to the three zones.

What's happening to the K68 when CUE is running?

When CUE is running, the K68 will light up unless I click on the Dark Core icon.

Click the Dark Core device screen. Does CUE reflect any lighting effects applied?

If the zones are blank/dark, Create a lighting layer and assign it to the three zones.

What's happening to the K68 when CUE is running?

Yeah, I was just able to apply lighting to the default Dark Core profile. Now both light up fine at the same time.

So is default used when the mouse is connected via wireless or wired? And the HW profiles only used in bluetooth mode? This is still rather strange IMO.

Software profiles (Sails logo) is what CUE will use if it is running on the system regardless of wireless or wired. HW profiles (Memory card) will be used in cases where CUE is not running on the system or the mouse is in Bluetooth mode.

The reason why CUE will use software profiles is that they will have all functionality/features available that is not possible on a hardware profile.

Software profiles (Sails logo) is what CUE will use if it is running on the system regardless of wireless or wired. HW profiles (Memory card) will be used in cases where CUE is not running on the system or the mouse is in Bluetooth mode.

The reason why CUE will use software profiles is that they will have all functionality/features available that is not possible on a hardware profile.

Can the HW profiles be edited?

• Corsair Employee
Can the HW profiles be edited?

They most certainly can. In CUE, select the hardware profile you want to edit, then with the mouse wired, select "Save to Device Memory". You be prompted with a box showing 1-3 HW Profile boxes to choose from in case you already have a profile you want to keep. After the profile loads you can exit CUE and the mouse will run off the HW profile.

Archived