Corsair Community

Three problems with: K63 keyboard and Dark Core mouse

Norda85

Dear Corsair,

Did a special order from USA to Singapore and expected it all to just be plug and play. That's not the case for me and others on this forum.

Problem 1: Mouse and keyboard is not coming up on the list in corsair utility engine if I use Bluetooth (have Bluetooth 4.0), but I can still use both products. If I use your cable it will show up in the program but not without it. Plus mouse is lagging if I connect both mouse and keyboard at the same time.

Problem 2: Macros do not work on my keyboard, with or without cable. Programmed in macro (did see video to make sure I was doing it right) and tried to use it, nothing happens. Text function in corsair utility engine is working fine but not the macro. Did see others that are having the same problem and still no fix or answer.

Problem 3: If I have both the keyboard and the mouse wireless receivers in at the same time the mouse is lagging. But works fine if mouse is on receiver and keyboard on Bluetooth or the other way around.

Did think if I buy this new quality product with apparently the same ms as cable product I would be set. But 3 massive problem's that is noticeably on the first day of using them is insane. I have not even tried them in gaming because right now they cant even do Windows.

Can you please update your products so we all get the product we payed for!!

1. The software will not detect the mouse when Bluetooth connectivity is used.

2. Open Device Manager, Do you have Corsair composite virtual input device under Human Interface Devices and Corsair Bus under System Devices?

1. Is this something that corsair is going to fix or is the Bluetooth function not going to work at all?

2. In device manager I have "Corsair virtual input device" under other devices and it has a exclamation point (!) on it. Have tried to uninstall it and it comes back in the same spot. Under System Devices I have "Corsair bus" without any problems.

Have updated both my devices with the latest firmware and my corsair program is the lates one.

1. Is this something that corsair is going to fix or is the Bluetooth function not going to work at all?

2. In device manager I have "Corsair virtual input device" under other devices and it has a exclamation point (!) on it. Have tried to uninstall it and it comes back in the same spot. Under System Devices I have "Corsair bus" without any problems.

Have updated both my devices with the latest firmware and my corsair program is the lates one.

Did manage to repair CUE in Apps & features and now "Corsair virtual input device" is sowing up in the right place and without any problem. But can't use macros or keyboard that's on Bluetooth still not showing up on CUE:(

• Corsair Employee
As Toasted mentioned, if either device is connected via Bluetooth, it will not show up in CUE. They have to be either wired or connected with the included dongles to be detected. Macros and remaps can be performed over 2.4ghz wireless or wired connectivity.

As Toasted mentioned, if either device is connected via Bluetooth, it will not show up in CUE. They have to be either wired or connected with the included dongles to be detected. Macros and remaps can be performed over 2.4ghz wireless or wired connectivity.

So you are saying if I connect my keyboard to CUE and make a macro and then turn on Bluetooth connect those macros will not work anymore?

Right now macros work on my mouse but not on my keyboard. Doesn't matter if I use Bluetooth, wireless or wired. The only thing that work on my keyboard is text function in action menu.

And why are the two dongles interfering with each other? Can only have one dongle in at any point of time or the mouse will jump all over the screen or go in slow motion. Works with on on Bluetooth and the other one on wireless.

• Corsair Employee

The K63 Wireless doesn't feature hardware playback and will require connectivity with CUE to actuate any remaps, macros, etc.

Can you confirm your firmware version for both devices in the Global Settings (gear wheel) for CUE? You can view the firmware version by clicking the button with an arrow pointing down at a line under each device.

The K63 Wireless doesn't feature hardware playback and will require connectivity with CUE to actuate any remaps, macros, etc.

Can you confirm your firmware version for both devices in the Global Settings (gear wheel) for CUE? You can view the firmware version by clicking the button with an arrow pointing down at a line under each device.

Firmware

K63: 1.02

Dark core: 0.33

If I connect my keyboard to CUE and make a macro and after start it in Bluetooth mode. Will my macro still work?

I think that my Dark Core's battery is either shot or the LED indicators are broken. Whenever I turn off my mouse to charge it (to take full advantage of the LED indicators), the led indicators tell me that it is critical, and need charging, so I let it charge. Ten minutes later, however, I come back to see that all 3 LEDs are lit up telling me that my mouse is fully charged. Knowing that it is clearly not, I leave it to charge for another hour, only to come back to the LED indicators turned off, which leads me to believe that when the mouse "thinks" that it is charged it automatically it stops itself from charging, which may be the reason that every time I try to use my mouse wirelessly after 30 seconds of it being charged, it either shuts off, or the software tells me that it is in critical condition. I have not found any other person with this problem. Should I return it? Or do you think that this is addressable in a software update? Or should I try charging it with the RGB lights off (to maximize charging efficiency) while the mouse is still on? I have not been able to use my mouse wirelessly for more than 10 minutes without it shutting off. (AT THE MAX)

Also, how long does it take to charge this mouse?

Thanks, but there is another problem. I have charged it when it is completely dead, and when I try to use it wirelessly, it says that it has a full charge, but shuts off randomly. Could this be an issue with the battery or something completely different? How long does it take to charge this mouse?

NOTE: when I start gaming and I turn on the RGB, however, the mouse performs normally, and the battery indicator on CUE is saying high and has said that for the past 10 mins, so, this random shutting off is most likely not the battery, however, the random shutdowns are still occurring.

Also, the mouse is disconnecting WHEN IT CHARGING, so what does that mean? Is it still charging when this happens? Is there an internal clock that I don’t know about (other than the sleep feature-I set it to 5 minutes and it’s way past that)?

Update: I tried unplugging and then re-plugging the wireless dongle in, and CUE is still showing that the mouse is off.

I agree, my mouse is most likely faulty. I could live with this as long as it charges while is disconnected from my computer, I have no problem with it. I’m going to leave it charging all throughout tonight and tomorrow (about 17 hours), and if it still is having issues with the battery life, then I will return it and get another one.

Archived