Corsair Community

RGB - Am I on the right track?

I'm relatively new to the RGB fad and am seeking a little input and guidance. I've spent several hours over many days doing all the research, and just want to make sure I've got it all right, since it has been a little overwhelming at first, and I want to make sure I'm getting all the right stuff before ordering.

I'm getting ready for a new build. Here are the related components I'm going to be purchasing.

Obsidian 500D SE Tower

H100i RGB Platinum AIO

Vengeance RGB Pro Memory

RM750i PSU

And 1 additional 120mm ML Fan

So Memory, AIO, PSU, 3 ML fans, 3 LL fans.

If I'm understanding all this correctly, since the tower comes with a Commander Pro, I have no use for a Lighting Node Pro, with the exception of if in the future I wanted to add some LED strips. True or False?

In order to hook up all the components to function as intended and sync up with iCUE, I will need to purchase 2 Fan LED hubs, sold separately. True or False?

Alternatively, I could ditch the 3 LL included with the case and add in 3 ML and get away with a single Fan LED hub, sold separately? True or False?

The PSU, Memory, and AIO have no relation to the Commander Pro when it comes to full functionality. True or False?

Please provide some feedback here to confirm if I'm on the right track, any hardware or component I'm missing, and also any hints or tips are always welcome.

Thanks.

I'm relatively new to the RGB fad and am seeking a little input and guidance. I've spent several hours over many days doing all the research, and just want to make sure I've got it all right, since it has been a little overwhelming at first, and I want to make sure I'm getting all the right stuff before ordering.

Welcome to the addiction!! :D:

It is a bit overwhelming at first. If you've not done it yet (and it sounds like you have) check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

If I'm understanding all this correctly, since the tower comes with a Commander Pro, I have no use for a Lighting Node Pro, with the exception of if in the future I wanted to add some LED strips. True or False?

Correct.

In order to hook up all the components to function as intended and sync up with iCUE, I will need to purchase 2 Fan LED hubs, sold separately. True or False?

If you want to control them as designed in iCue, that is correct. However, you can put the ML on the same fan hub as the LL fans. It won't appear in iCue as an ML fan - you'd configure the channel as 4 LL fans rather than 3 - but it'll work. Some effects will be decidedly strange as the ML will behave as just 4 LEDs on an LL.

Alternatively, I could ditch the 3 LL included with the case and add in 3 ML and get away with a single Fan LED hub, sold separately? True or False?

True ... but I'm fairly certain that the case comes with an LED Fan Hub.

The PSU, Memory, and AIO have no relation to the Commander Pro when it comes to full functionality. True or False?

Correct. And the Platinum coolers have their own lighting controller for the fans.

Please provide some feedback here to confirm if I'm on the right track, any hardware or component I'm missing, and also any hints or tips are always welcome.

Thanks.

I think that you are on the right track.

Archived