Corsair Community

Raj909

Hi, so I recently just built my PC but I'm having trouble with my corsair led strips.

I have a lightning node pro which controls the rgb for all of my fans, the node is also connected to the led1 port of my commander pro.

Upon connecting a single led strip to led2, it started going crazy. Sometimes it wouldn't go on, sometimes it flickers. I tried a different led strip but I kept on getting the same result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Why is your Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) connected to the LED port of your Commander Pro (CoPro)? That's not correct. The strips can be connected directly to the CoPro. Unless you require more than 2 channels (and from what you have listed, you probably don't), you don't need the NoPro. The CoPro does everything that the NoPro does and more.

Check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.

On your Link screen, you'll need to scroll to the right or increase the size of the Link window. Once you do that, you'll see an option to configure the Lighting Channel on the CoPro ... you'll need to add the fans and strips to the appropriate channel.

i tried as you said and still my rgb led strips were bugging out. i then decided to plug the strips into led1 and the fan hib into led2. Upon doing this, my strips were working fine, whereas the rgb for my fans weren't running.

Update: turns out the the bracket in the led2 channel wasn't connected to the pins to the led2 in the com pro, so i took off the bracket and plugged the wire straight in and everything works now! Is it safe to have everything plugged in without the small black plastic bracket?

Update: turns out the the bracket in the led2 channel wasn't connected to the pins to the led2 in the com pro, so i took off the bracket and plugged the wire straight in and everything works now! Is it safe to have everything plugged in without the small black plastic bracket?

It's not ideal but I'm not sure that it's not "safe". Take a look at my video on creating custom extensions and repairing RGB connections in my signature ... it may help you get things back in place.

Archived