Corsair Community

K70 Won't Turn On

taysby

I have the exact same issue. When I boot my system the keyboard lights up, all appears peachy until I touch the keyboard then everything goes black as in no lights, and the keyboard doesn't work. The only fix is to unplug the USB connection and plug it back in. If I put my computer on sleep I have to repeat the same process when it wakes up. What's hilarious is when I put my computer to sleep, if I hit the space bar on my keyboard the system wakes up, yet I have to unplug and plug back in the USB connection for the keyboard to actually work. So the space bar is recognized to wake my computer, but the keyboard's not actually working?

Windows 10 here, everything on my system is up to date. Please don't insult us and tell us the problem is with our system, it's Win 10 and/or the current drivers for the K70. Everything has been working just fine with my keyboard until either a Windows update or the RGB update on 02/08/2016. I'm pretty sure I updated to the latest K70 driver about 2 weeks ago. There was also a Windows update about the same time frame so I'm not sure which update caused the problem. About a week ago I also getting the K70 update box when my system starts and of course it automatically fails when I start the update. I'm then redirected to "force" update. When I open CUE and que up the update it says I'm up to date, so what's that all about?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a new one. Win10 user here.

1. When computer is shut down, I hit the main power switch and cut all power to my system.

2. Power back up, start up my computer, my keyboard works!

If I put my system in sleep mode, when it wakes back up my keyboard stops working and isn't recognized. If I shut down and dont cut the power, when I start back up my keyboard doesn't work and isnt recognized. The only fix when my computer is running is to unplug the USB connection then plug it back in, voila my K70 works.

How's my keyboard recognized when I cut power to my computer when it's shut down then start up?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have the same issue for 2 yr now. It is a lottery at start up. Sometimes BIOS does not detect keyboard and I must unplug and re plug on Win10 Logon screen to make it work.

I tried on other Notebook and Desktop, same thing. Even a couple of times the keyboard was stuck with the blinking 3 white LED at the top and I had no other option but to re flash the firmware.

At this point I think it could be related to juice from motherboard USBs not delivering enough power to the keyboard, maybe there is a capacitor or something defected.

Double check to make sure the BIOS switch is in the (1) position at the top next to the cables. If you still continue to have issues, try reaching out to our Technical Support staff for a hard firmware reset. They will be able to provide you with the necessary files.

https://support.corsair.com/

Great, yes I tried all BIOS Switch settings. Just curious, roughly what is a Hard firmware reset? How different from standard firmware update. Thanks

Archived