Corsair Community

TwinX1024-4000PT compatible with A64 chipsets?

sbud

I've just recently jumped on AMD from Intel. I had the Twinx PC4000 modules running great on my Intel platform. Now I'm running a socket 939 3500+ on a K8T800Pro chipset and a socket 754 on an Nforce3Pro chipset and any attempt to run my old PC4000 memory on either board gives me absolutely nothing. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't these PC4000 modules be able to run on both platforms?

• Corsair Employee
Yes, they should run with out problems on either platform! However, the XMS4000 modules were designed for Intel platform and may not run at the tested settings on an AMD platform as we have not seen any of them run much over 230 MHz in the lab and be stable! Using XMS4000 with AMD 64 I would clear the bios and then set the timings to Cass 3-3-3-8 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and they should run at DDR400 with out a problem! In addition you have XMS3200XL listed in your signature they would not be compatible with each other. If you tried to mix them the MB or system will not be able to detect the correct timings and would not post!

Ya, that's what I thought, that they were suppose to be compatible... in theory anyways. Clearin the bios was the first thing I tried :), notta, on either board (s.939 and s.754), both with their latest bios release. Oh well, least the 3200XL's are runnin' nice.

Archived