Corsair Community

New Features?

Petro

Are these new features added to ICUE with the latest patch?

1. There used to be a triangle on the visual representation of the device keys to indicate you have an action associated with it. Now, there is an avatar that covers the keys entirely.

2. When you go to the actions menu of the device the lighting turns off.

So if you play in the dark, and need to go to your actions menu you need to modify an action you can't see the keys on the keyboard or representation? And you have to scroll through a miniature action list and look for a "G3" on the right side?

Great new features! Are all Corsair employees playing the same game and making modifications for the purposes of that? If so, could you let me in on the secret, and I'll learn to play that game? I have searched through the patch notes to see indications of these changes. Nope, I cant find any indication. They were just launched on me. This might be fine, except that they are not wholly positive changes.

Copy/paste between macros? Like you had on your CUE 1 software 6 years ago? Anytime? Corsair has other priorities I understand.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a focus group that looks at these changes, and find it overwhelmingly positive? Is the project manager asking for this change, and assigning the intern to it? Is it discussed in a boardroom, and someone brainspams that it would be easy to turn off the lighting when in the action list? Or is it an error that you can't fix, so you decide to make it a feature? Honestly.

You make these devices to give the user hyper control of their devices, and then you take control out of their hands.

I had suggested that you add a stop actions button, which deactivated everything on June 9 in the ICUE suggestions forums, couldn't you have added deactivating lighting to a button like this, instead of forcing it on us when we're in the action list? I've seen several posts of people asking for deactivated lighting. Weird that you couldn't add that, but if they go to the action list it will happen ipso facto when you possibly don't want it to happen.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=958402#post958402

Possibly make some default actions to recover your system. One idea I keep getting caught on and a possible idea to fix this is a,

Block all Macros/Raise all Keys/Inhibit Profile Switching/Stop Recording Default Assignable Action - This would be an action that Ensures the following:

• All Macros are Stopped (queued macros if any are removed from the queue)
  • All Key registries are reset/set to the raised position
  • Recording is Stopped without recording the break function
  • Profile switching actions are inhibited, except possibly by hardcoded buttons (M1, M2, M3 on a K95 keyboard), and by clicking the profile in the Cue program.

Think about making this a default action that is in your default hardware profile, and make it assignable to a key for older hardware users. A default position for the action could be on the key combination for Ctrl-Break. Which is what us older "punch-card" programmers used to do to stop a program going haywire. If i had this feature I would assign it to that and the window lock key.

Why?

- Experimenting with repeatable actions

- Using second actions

The following examples:

1. Use a repeating action on toggle, and I may not have set the action to "Execute uninterrupted, and when interrupted a key is left in the down position. This has happened to me a lot with modifier keys in the macro, or when I have recorded the macro which records key press/key release. Many times I have no way to fix it except turning off my computer, and with Windows now remembering where you are, it's becoming more difficult. I have been locked in Alt tab, and shut my computer off and on, and had it come back on with the Alt tab still going, switching my programs repeatedly. I've had keystrokes locked down and tried to go to the Cue program to fix it, and wiped out several actions, because of the autosave feature.

2. Been using a work around suggested in this forum to create key combinations: So shift, alt, and control take me to different profiles in which the key combination actions are programmed to the combination key. But if I try to create a new action or modify an existing action within the profile with the switch, and have to type shift in the cue program it will take me to the other profile, and the program has a hard time with it. I have to disable the profile switch, make the modification, see if it works, (oops it autosaved on me....) find the profile switch in this messed up unorganized list of actions and backup actions, and reactivate it.

3. Recording Relative mouse movements within a macro, and finish. Then you have to move to the stop recording button and mouse click, which is all recorded. Then you are transported to the end of the macro. You have to scroll back find the part of the recording that you didn't want in there (the movement to the mouse recording button and final mouse click) and delete it (Which can be difficult to find in the hundreds of actions that end up being recorded by a mouse move/click recording)

4. Several other examples...

If there is something like this in Windows already, or within Cue, if someone could tell me that would be great as well. (Several times I have been in a screwed situation, and I have to think really hard to get out of it.)

Block all Macros/Raise all Keys/Inhibit Profile Switching/Stop Recording Default Assignable Action -

• All Macros are Stopped (queued macros if any are removed from the queue)
  • All Key registries are reset/set to the raised position
  • Recording is Stopped without recording the break function
  • Profile switching actions are inhibited, except possibly by hardcoded buttons (M1, M2, M3 on a K95 keyboard), and by clicking the profile in the Cue program.

Make this STOP PROGRAM BUTTON a button that you can press in the Cue Program. (In Cue 2 for example, put a stop program button near the advanced toggle or settings toggle), since the program has to be left open to utilize it.

Archived