Corsair Community

3.2.87 not adjusting fan speeds based on temperature (commander pro)

Margucci

I updated to the new version this morning and i am having an issue with my fan speeds being changed with temperature. I can set a fixed % or RPM for my fans just fine. however, whenever I try and set a curve, regardless of which temperature sensor I choose, the RPM stays the same. This is not only the case with temperature sensors on my motherboard, but also a temperature sensor connected to my commander pro as well. all of the temperatures are being shown in the dashboard and are updating correctly.

and now after reboot one of my fans will not change at all even with setting a fixed RPM or %. the other 5 fans are still able to be adjusted with RPM or %, and still not temperature.

this update has been a dumpster fire. hopefully there is a new one soon.

I also experienced this during a short test last night. The two radiator fans connected to the C-Pro and with custom curves off one of the temp probes did not respond to their curve and sat at the minimum though a 20C change. Same as described above.

My other fans on the C-Pro and also with custom curves did respond to the same sensor value. That may suggest this is fan profile glitch. You might try deleting the fan profile and re-creating it in the new iCUE version. I definitely saw some strange interpretations when loading my prior iCUE settings.

I ran into this again tonight. It seems to like to pick on my GPU radiator fans, so the temp difference is pretty apparent. Again, the fans locked in on their baseline speed and did not change.

I changed the control to fixed RPM and put it on 900. Fans respond. I used the copy function to create a clone of the individual fan profile called GPU Fan (1). I then applied it both of the radiator fans. The fans have never moved. They have been locked at 900 +- 5 rpm for the last 30 minutes. They are running from C-Pro temp probe and the rest of the case fans are changing speed successfully from the same source. Not exactly sure what this is. Changing the source to a different temp probe creates a reaction. Standard Q/B/Extreme profiles force a fan speed change.

Interestingly, after the copy of fan curve did not work. I deleted and remade it. That did not work either. I then made a copy of that and then applied the three "auto curve settings" from the top right margin to it. I hadn't used those before and was curious. The concave one created a temp curve nearly identical to my existing curve. Surprise, it works. Each time I alt+Tab out of the game and back to the desktop, my default profile kicks back in with the original fan curve and the speed drops by 400-500 almost instantly (it should stay the about the same). Make the game profile active with the new curve and they go back up as expected. That might suggest the data points themselves are not registering. An interface problem? Tomorrow, I'll try shifting them all with with the numerical entry box instead of dragging the points around.

Logs below:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2hpxkqqf3hj638c/c-attack_iCUE_3.2.87_%28Fan_curve_no_response%29.zip

This seems to have done the trick. I created the fan profile (and all my others as well) by dragging the points rather than entering numeric values (e.g., 30C=800 rpm). However, by then rounding the broken fan curve to even fan speed numbers (27C=750 rpm instead of 779), the curve now suddenly works. A mathematical fan bug? Either way, using the curve presets as a base or manually changing the value to even numbers sorted it.

This seems to have done the trick. I created the fan profile (and all my others as well) by dragging the points rather than entering numeric values (e.g., 30C=800 rpm). However, by then rounding the broken fan curve to even fan speed numbers (27C=750 rpm instead of 779), the curve now suddenly works. A mathematical fan bug? Either way, using the curve presets as a base or manually changing the value to even numbers sorted it.

I guess this explains why I've not seen it. First, I've manually changed them (I find it far more precise than "dragging the bloody dots") AND they are all even numbers (divisible by 10, in fact).

Well, while that may have 'fixed' the problem for me, the odd/even number thing may not be the source. I left my case fan on the original curve with odd points 25=589, 27=627, 30=733, 36=963 and it does not have issues. Same control source (C-Pro temp sensor #2) as the GPU radiator fans. Different result. I have smoothed them over anyway, but we shall to wait and see. I guess something to try if you get stuck.

Archived