Corsair Community

Problems with TwinX3200C2 + Asus P4G8X. plz help me.

P2_Phantom

Here is my problem: ok first i have an Asus P4G8X Deluxe with the lastest bios (1006) I just bought the TwinX 3200C2.(512mb) and I have a P4C-2.4 800FSB ok now everytime i try 200FSB it just doesnt POST and the voice alarm tells me Sistem Failed due to CPU overclocking (only one time) then Sistem Failed Memory card Test (non-ending loop). and i mean it cannot be the CPU since its a P4C, I have seen several P4G8X out there running at 200FSB even with stock cooler without fan (mine got a fan and artic silver 3). CAS Latency are currently: 2.5 3 3 7 1TCMD and the best FSB i can get is 182mhz with 2.7v. and this rams are suppoused to get 2 2 2 5 1TCMD @ 200mhz with 2.7v Plz help me RAM Guy or whoever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by P2_Phantom [/i] [B]a volt mod to the host bridge? becuz i mean my cpu and ram should hit 200 fsb with stock voltage.. [/B][/QUOTE] Your CPU and RAM will hit 200/400 easily, that's their stock speeds. It's your chipset that is not going to hit 200, atleast not easily. The chipset is designed to be run at 133mhz and you are trying to get an OC of 67mhz over that. That's a 50% increase which is RARE. The 7205 chipset is not known as a good OCer, that's why I just speculated that for most it would require a board mod of some sort. Mike

Now i have another big problem that I didnt posted and its the timmings... i dont know why but it doesnt matter wut I do timmings are always 2.5 3 3 7, i change them in the bios and nothing they just wont change. I use CPUZ to check my timmings. any Ideas? i got lastest bios 1006 i've tried all the prior-bios and nothing..

Sorry, not to insinuate that you don't know what you are doing. Are your other system/bios settings being retained, just your memory timings are not? If so, that is ODD. I guess if your bios was being totally reset as if you had reset CMOS you'd notice and figure it's either the battery or the jumper. Good luck, Mike.

look i just found a page with someone getting 242 FSB with this baord.. so its not impossible for the board tho.. some vmods are req.. i would like to learn about that so i can hit 200FSB+ in this board [url]http://holicho.lib.net/motherboard/p4g8x.htm[/url] since that page is in chinese im not going to learn much on it...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by P2_Phantom [/i] [B]nop.. i got a P4C 2.4ghz running at 182FSB when it is actually capable of 200FSB so cpu is not the bottle neck. [/B][/QUOTE] Just an observation, you must not be concerned with stability or mind cooking your board huh? IF you ever get a GB board to run that fast I hope you have a Vapo-Chill and some $$$ for a new MOBO. Good luck, Mike.

nah i believe i got enough cooling for my board. its just that I cant reach 200+ FSB without more voltage on the chipset tho.. this voltage will make it run more hot but again i got enough cooling for both north and south bridge and even for everyother chip that has something to do with freq/voltage.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived