Corsair Community

H60 not working? Need some help

Ctdx

Hey everyone, brand new here. This morning i turned on my computer and got cpu overheating error. Went through everything, changed thermal paste, reconnected the two wires for the pump, but i still have a steady climbing temp. i used to idle about 50c, and now it got as high as 85c before i shut it down. Any advice as to what i should try? Specs below

i7 3500

gforce 770

amd sabertooth z87

Any help is appreciated guys, i really bummin =[ this was a brand new setup less then six months ago.

Have you verified pump power?

Does your bios show the pump working?

something not plugged in or a pump failure is all I can see from your description..

That bites, because the over heating will take some life off the back end if you don't get a hard failure before figuring out the issue.

Have you verified pump power?

Does your bios show the pump working?

something not plugged in or a pump failure is all I can see from your description..

That bites, because the over heating will take some life off the back end if you don't get a hard failure before figuring out the issue.

How can i do that? When i went into bios, the CPU fan is N/A and CPU optional fan is N/A

EDIT: just plugged the cooler into the optional port and i was getting RPM readings, but the temp was still going up.

Or you have a bad connection at the header, make sure you are getting all of the pins plugged in.

I was referring earlier to a volt meter if you had one.

I do have some volt meters, what would be the name of the one for the CPU fan? and i do believe all the pins are getting plugged in. You mean just making sure the connections are secure?

Archived