Corsair Community

Error code 2000-0145 when doing system diagnostic check

sgpeter

hi, i recently bought the corsair 128gb extreme series ssd to replace the 7200rpm hard drive in my new dell laptop. Both (SSD & laptop) only been used for 3 weeks. Everything was running well. Then couple days ago i encoutered minor issue related to the graphic card. The dell tech rep reinstalled the NVIDIA G9400M driver then reinstalled the BIOS. But the problem still exist. So the dell tech rep told me it could be the physical graphic card problem and todl me dell will send a tech over to replace the graphic card for me. Later I thought of running a diagnostic check on my system (Fn + power button). After running, when it comes to hard drive, it displayed error code 2000-0145 self test did not complete. Test result displayed "fail", and asked me to continue or not (y/n). Then it went to check the memory. At that point I decided to stop the check.

I called dell immediately and the tech told me that the SSD may have some problem, it may be ok now but down the road will show problem. The tech suggested me to replace the ssd, since my ssd is still under warrently.

My laptop so far has no major problem; i can open applications relatively fast, system boot up/shut down smoothly, CrsyalDiskMark program still able to scan & read the drive. I was wondering will the reinstallation of BIOS cause the error code & so is a false message? Is my SSD having problem & need to replace the SSD soon?

Please help!

Thanks guys

Talked to dell tech rep again today, and this time was told that the dell diagnostic test only applicable to IDE/SATA, and SSD is not considered as the regular IDE/SATA, it's acting like a USB port. That explains why when running the dell diagnostic test, it generated error code 2000-0145 which means self test did not complete because of timeout. I was told to disregard the error code.

I also did a CHKDISK on the C drive and showed no problems on my disc.

thanks guys! yeah, tI2ouI3LeSoIVIe, that was what the dell tech told me: teh dell diagnostic test was desigend to test regular HDD, and so was not expecting a SSD. That's why after timeout, it automatically generated 2000-0145 error code. It worried me at first. But after dell tech told me to disregard the error code, i was very much relief. The SSD so far is working good.

• 3 years later...
told that the dell diagnostic test only applicable to IDE/SATA, and SSD is not considered as the regular IDE/SATA, it's acting like a USB port

I had the same problem with Vertex4 SSD (256G), but not with another 128 G SSD (don't remember the brand) on the same computer. So it seems that this check doesn't fail with all SSD's

Archived