Corsair Community

Help on completing system assembly

Hi guys,

Im in the process of finalising my dream-come-true rig, and before the first power on would really appreciate if you could help me with a few answers. I've researched heavily and there are so many crap replies to countless threads that I am somewhat lost.

I'm not a super noob at computers, but the last time i built a rig was about 8 years ago, so a few things have changed since..

So the current setup is :

Tower - Corsair 780t

PSU - Corsair HX1000i

Mobo - Asus Maximus X Formula

CPU - 8700k

Cooling - H115i Pro

Video - Asus Strix 1080Ti OC

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x16 3200mhz

First of all, holy cow I was overwhelmed by the amount of cables and wires..

and the amount of manuals..

So here goes:

1) When attaching the H115i sink, i think i just barely left a tiny touch of thermalpaste before securing the sink. Sort of a gentle touch and lift motion. I guess its a no big issue and the temperatures will show me if i need to replace the paste?

2) The H115i connections... not really clear, and even my mobo manual was complete garbage in that regards. What I've done is mount the radiator on top and have the two fans below it acting as exhaust from the case. I have wired the 2 fans to the pump fan connectors. I have wired the pump 3-pin connector to the CPU_FAN (which is 4 pins, but i guess thats the point). The USB cable I figured to use a mini usb-USB and wired to my back IO as a normal USB device (hope that works?). Lastly, the SATA Power cable i've connected to the PSU SATA&Peripherals cable.

3) Is my understanding correct, that the 6+2 PCIE and 4x4 CPU ports at the PSU have the same line, its just the cables are different? Mine are all labeled Type-3, and I've stuck the CPU in the top right socket, with the other end of the cable labeled CPU into the mobo.

4) did the same as above for the most nearby 2 sockets and stuck the other end of the cables labeled PCIE into the GPU

5) Connected the 780T front panel everything, except that the molex cable had only 2 pins? Connected that to the PSU via SATA&Peripherals molex female cable.

The front panel also came with 5 fan connectors, so instead of plugging them into the mobo i plugged them in there (the 2 front fans and my 1 bottom fan).

6) Installed the PSU fan downwards, hope thats fine as well.

Everything else seems to be OK, except i can barely close the back of the case due to the horrid amount of cabling going on there (have many drives and ssd).

Is there anything I should look into before powering on? Spent a good 6 hours so far and my back is killing me :)

I apologize in advance for the long post and appreciate any help!

Archived