Corsair Community

HX 1200I fire hazzard?

Alcasczar

Saw this PSU on Newegg and could not help but notice some of the reviews mention fire hazards with these PSUs, one mentioned he claimed sparks flying out of his. How common is this and wouldn't something like this just shutdown the unit?

Highest probability is continued ignorance and ex post facto embellishment. Have you ever had something in your house catch fire? Why does anything electrical catch fire? Defective wiring, plus continued load or hazardous conditions, plus ignoring the early warning signs something is wrong. However, having just scanned all the 1 star reviews, I am not seeing any sparks nor do I think this is even remotely likely. There is a more common theme through the 1 star reviews and perhaps one to take more seriously than someone screaming fire on the internet.

I read recently an article in the newspaper that states that 35-40% of user reviews are fake! They do that to discredit competition, or credit their own products. I wouldn't rely on user reviews. Instead base your opinion on trusted impartial websites that does reviews only.

Archived