Corsair Community

iCUE issues with fan control

Inoeie

I have a video here showing my issues with the software ( 3.3.103 ):

[ame]

[/ame]

It can be seen that the performance tab keeps disappearing and then reappears, I have 4 fans on the commander pro ATM but only a few appear at a time and the wrong RPMs are shown. One of the fans is not spinning at all. Strangely the RGB works fine but it seems that it doesn't apply to the control.

I had the same issue so maybe what I did will help you. Come to find out it was HWInfo64 that I used to populate information to Rainmeter. Once I stopped it from running and rebooted everything worked fine. Start HWInfo64 up and the fan control went stupid (appearing and disappearing). I believe the setting under the safety tab for CorsairLink and Asetek Support is the cause. It must be disabled. If you are using it or any other program to monitor your system make sure any monitoring or integration with Corsair is off. It just flat does not like other programs peeking in on it.

I had the same issue so maybe what I did will help you. Come to find out it was HWInfo64 that I used to populate information to Rainmeter. Once I stopped it from running and rebooted everything worked fine. Start HWInfo64 up and the fan control went stupid (appearing and disappearing). I believe the setting under the safety tab for CorsairLink and Asetek Support is the cause. It must be disabled. If you are using it or any other program to monitor your system make sure any monitoring or integration with Corsair is off. It just flat does not like other programs peeking in on it.

Without rebooting this is my experience after closing HWinfo and then restarting Corsair iCUE then turning off the sensor logging and restarting again.

[ame]

[/ame]

Ill try again tomorrow in case it is not restarting completely on my PC.

If you are going to run HWInfo with iCue (or Link, for that matter), you need to disable all of the Corsair sensors in HWInfo. The devices run in "Highlander Mode" ... there can be only one program accessing the device at any one time. When you have two applications reading the sensors, they stomp on each other and cause all kinds of issues, errors and assorted issues that may not be directly visible.

If you are going to run HWInfo with iCue (or Link, for that matter), you need to disable all of the Corsair sensors in HWInfo. The devices run in "Highlander Mode" ... there can be only one program accessing the device at any one time. When you have two applications reading the sensors, they stomp on each other and cause all kinds of issues, errors and assorted issues that may not be directly visible.

Even on a fresh boot loading the software the fans now seem to be maxed out with the performance tab still appearing and disappearing. There doesnt seem to be anything that would access the fan speeds loaded on my system other than maybe Gigabytes AORUS Gaming Software but thats only for GPU control.

Ive also recognised strange reading in general from the commander pro.

This can be seen here. I KNOW I've seen the voltage jump all over the place from 3.3v to 6v for the 3.3v graph but thought noting of it at the time. Is this all under the issue of something else trying to read its data?

https://ibb.co/ketukJ

Even on a fresh boot loading the software the fans now seem to be maxed out with the performance tab still appearing and disappearing. There doesnt seem to be anything that would access the fan speeds loaded on my system other than maybe Gigabytes AORUS Gaming Software but thats only for GPU control.

Well, that's frustrating.

Question: when you installed 3.3, did you update 3.2 via the application installed? If so, can you try uninstalling (and deleting all settings) and then reinstalling from a fresh download?

Well, that's frustrating.

Question: when you installed 3.3, did you update 3.2 via the application installed? If so, can you try uninstalling (and deleting all settings) and then reinstalling from a fresh download?

I installed iCUE before but I think it didnt like my keyboard at the time so I uninstalled and redownloaded CUE. After having issues with CUE not picking up the keyboard I installed iCUE and it fixed it and then soon after got the commander.

OK so after reinstalling everything is normal again? Strange but I'll take it. Thanks for the advice and I have no idea why it took so long for me to finally do that :D

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for figuring this out fellas. Now...I like to keep an eye on my CPU GPU VPM etc temps so I use HWInfo64 in the background. I disabled my Commander Pro and the 750i, so when I restarted computer, HWINFO startsup as well as iCUE, however in iCUE the performance was missing once again even though I disabled all Corsair monitored sensors. What did I miss? I have Commander Pro and Lighting Node, RM750i, H115i PRO, K70, Glaive, ST100 and MM800.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Corsair Employee

So I have a MSI laptop at home that I use for gaming at my buddies house. That thing's got Dragon Center on it. I wanted to look at something with a bit more performance info on it, so I downloaded HWMonitor. My CPU fan's started to go crazy because the system assumed my temp was fluctuating between 35-70 degrees. Issue immediately went away as soon as I closed HWM.

It's not highlander mode or anything, a sensor can only be populated with one item or the data flow becomes corrupted. Probably isn't something that we can correct. It's a hardware limitation that's being worsened by the incredible number of wonderful suite software tools out there.

For the Performance tab, yes it is a known issue. DevBiker's suggestion normally corrects it.

Archived