Corsair Community

DDR4 kit with lowest timings at 2133mhz?

memoryq

Hi, I've checked both the sticky & website but there is no info on such tight timings.

I would be running higher speed DDR4 at 2133mhz in order to achieve low timings.

What are the lowest timings that these Dominator Platinum kits can achieve at 2133mhz?

CMD32GX4M4A2800C15

CMD32GX4M4A2800C16

CMD32GX4M4B3000C15

Thanks again

You may be better off looking at the Asus ROG pages or the Z170 thread on Overclock.net for the specific timings people are able to achieve. At this point, the platform will have some say as to what is possible. However, I suspect we are not at 10-10-10-20 T1 at this point.

I am not exactly certain as to your goal with lowest possible 2133 settings. Nearly any increase at that setting is going to require voltage closer to 1.35V. If you goal is to stay at 1.20, then you are better off with the mid-range kits. You appear to have selected just that, but if you are hoping for the lowest possible latency at 2133, you may be surprised with the results. Any 2666 kit at 15's and 1.20 is going to beat the mythical 10/20 kit 2133, including latency or at least the the way AIDA measures it. I would go for the highest speed C15 kit in your budget range and know it likely can run higher and almost certainly with tighter timings than XMP without a voltage bump.

Some of the better kits can run CL10 @ DDR4-2666+, but that does require a more voltage than 1.20V. At DDR4-2133 CL10 might actually be possible with less than 1.20V, but that also depends on IC type and its specific scaling characteristics.

Since there are probably no universal preset for something like this, you will just have to try it yourself ;)

Edit: You will get better performance numbers at a higher memory clock rate, though.

Archived