Corsair Community

Corsair 3600 vengence RGB 32GB - Achieving 3600...

Calious

Hi there, I've just finished my first build, in a while (read over 6 years) and I'm now looking to tweak it to get the best from the system.

So, I started off with all kinds of issue, XMP just flat out refusing to let the PC POST. So I went the manual route and overclocked my CPU to 5GHz, yet don't seem to be able to get the RAM to go over 3400.

Currently I have my DRAM voltage at 1.45. My VICCO at 1.25 and clock speeds at 3400. This allows me to get into windows and everything seems to be running just fine. (It even shows up and responds perfectly to link).

Now with my system, on the z370e ASUS Strix board... What do I need to do to push up to 3600? Is higher voltage safe for the components? If I leave it on auto, no POST. So I think I'll have to do this manually.

Is going to 1.6 and above on voltage safe? I've read that I should be ok with my current settings. But no joy. Am I missing something I need to turn on? I was only getting above 3200 on 1.6v until I took the VICCO off of auto and set it to 1.25.

Any ideas on where to go? I mean 3400 is fine and all, but as it's 3600 ram, I'd expect to be able to actually get that speed :confused:

Thanks for your reply, this was the first thing I did, without altering ANY other settings was select the XMP profile. This causes the PC to fail to post.

This is with NO other changes to settings. I tried this again after resetting everything too, still no joy. Hence going the manual settings route.

Confirm that you use the correct slots. With your CPU at default, enable the XMP, say no to the turbo enhancement pop-up and set Maximis Tweak to Mode 1 or Mode 2 instead of leaving it AUTO.

I'd leave VCCSa and VCCIO on AUTO at first and then adjust them to 1.15V and 1.10V for DDR4-3600 if that does not work either. Raising Vdimm above 1.35V usually is not necessary, unless the board undervolts Vdimm a lot - then giving Vdimm a small bump usually does not hurt.

So, the saga continues...

I wasn't on the latest bios. BOOM problem solved....

Until... I got my GPU today. An Asus strix 1080 8gb.

Back to xmp not working. The oc on the cpu works fine. The xmp causes me to fail to post again. I took it all off, updated to the latest GPU drivers. The board recognises the card. But xmp is causing issues again

• Corsair Employee
If I dial the memory back to 3400 it's running fine.

Shall I reset all settings again and go with xmp first. Then cpu OC?

I'm sorry but 3400 is honestly more than fine, it's more than most people with other Ryzen set ups are able to accomplish.

• Corsair Employee
Well... That's not overly helpful.

"Other people have it worse, so you shouldn't complain you're not getting the speed you should"

Not like that at all, I've seen this hit the 3600 and higher with some tweaks but not on Ryzen; not often at all at least.

That's fair. But it was hitting 3600. Pre GPU installation.

I'm also on an Intel 8700k not a Ryzen Chip.

Is there a good guide for maximum settings? For example, what's the highest, safe, non warranty voiding voltage I can try?

• Corsair Employee
That's fair. But it was hitting 3600. Pre GPU installation.

I'm also on an Intel 8700k not a Ryzen Chip.

Is there a good guide for maximum settings? For example, what's the highest, safe, non warranty voiding voltage I can try?

My mistake, no excuse.

I don't see an issue then, settings shouldn't prove an issue when setting XMP in bios, graphics' drivers up to date?

For voltage, that'd be up to what you want to move up to that you believe is safe for the kit/motherboard/cpu.

-Art

Yeah, I've made sure I have the latest BIOS, all drivers have been acquired from the website during install, no prepackaged drivers were installed. So everything should be the latest versions.

I'm unsure what the installation of the GPU has changed to cause the failing to post again with XMP. The XMP settings seem ok, because I've used them, but with a reduced speed.

Maybe it's time to go bug Asus on their forums. As it's their motherboard and GPU... lol

• Corsair Employee
Yeah, I've made sure I have the latest BIOS, all drivers have been acquired from the website during install, no prepackaged drivers were installed. So everything should be the latest versions.

I'm unsure what the installation of the GPU has changed to cause the failing to post again with XMP. The XMP settings seem ok, because I've used them, but with a reduced speed.

Maybe it's time to go bug Asus on their forums. As it's their motherboard and GPU... lol

Videocard seems to be the common denominator.

Archived