Corsair Community

Link is detecting everything but one SYS Fan. Is there anything I can do about that?

HunterKen7

I have my new H100i running ok and Corsair Link detects the pump, rad fans, as well as various other devices on my system. The only thing that is bugging me is that Link is not detecting one system fan on my motherboard.

I have a Gigabyte UD3H Z97 Black Edition motherboard. Link detects every fan except for Motherboard Fan #1. It is the SYS Fan #1 port just the bottom left of the CPU socket seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/11SnJvZ.jpg

Below is a shot of my Corsair Link setup. As you can see, It lists Motherboard Fan 0,2 and 3. Not 1.

http://i.imgur.com/zVaI0jT.png

What do you think? Is there anything I can do to get SYSFAN1 listed here?

**EDIT**:

Hmmm, CPUID HWMonitor doesn't seem to see SYS FAN1 either. It must have something to do with the motherboard. Oh well.

http://i.imgur.com/RayovWP.png

Report the issue as a bug in HWM. If you send Franck the HWM report file I suspect he will fix it and eventually CL will get the CPUID SDK with the fix.

Do any programs report it? I would try AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV. If SIV doesn't and you send me the SIV save files I will fix it.

Have you tried connecting a different fan to that header? Is the fan that you currently have connected a 3 pin or 4 pin?

I'll try connecting a different fan later. It is the stock 3pin case fan that comes with the corsair 750D case. The same model fans are hooked up to sys fan headers 2 and 3.

Report the issue as a bug in HWM. If you send Franck the HWM report file I suspect he will fix it and eventually CL will get the CPUID SDK with the fix.

Do any programs report it? I would try AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV. If SIV doesn't and you send me the SIV save files I will fix it.

I have reported the issue to cpuz. I dont think SIV is reporting the fans correctly either. Below is a screenshot. I actually only see one of the the sys fans being detected unless I'm reading this screen incorrectly. I have attached a zip of the SIV output.

http://i.imgur.com/kGJaBPE.png

AIDA64 is also a bit funky. It is reporting the sysfan1 rpms correctly, but it has it labeled as the CPU OPT port. I have no fan hooked up to the secondary CPU header.

http://i.imgur.com/JlDFMp4.png

I understand this is not necessarily a Corsair Link issue and if this thread needs to be moved, mods please do so. Thanks guys.

siv_output.zip

Thanks Ken. The issue with SIV is that it's processing your Z97X-UD3H-BK the same as it processes a Z97X-SOC and the boards have different fan connections to the ITE IT8620F and the SOC also has a ITE IT8733F.

I have just fixed it in SIV 5.00 Beta-25 and uploaded it. Would you like to test it? If so do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get it. I may have guessed the fan and temperature names incorrectly, if so tell me what they should be and I will fix them.

I suspect the CPUID SDK may have the same issue.

Red-Ray...

What a great job you are doing. Your software, and your support, are much better than anything we are getting from Corsair.

Speaking of Corsair software, I recently ran into someone who bought one of the super expensive RGB programmable Corsair Keyboards, and he had a similar story of Corsair promising 18.5Million colors, and smooth animations, etc... and now they have taken to reducing what is promised, only after having sold the product.

Corsair has a serious issue, that goes much further than Link. They have a track record of promising a lot of functionality, and after the sale delivering very little with regards to software to use the hardware. I've learned my lesson. I'm here to make sure anyone buying, knows what they're likely to encounter.

Corsair has a serious issue, that goes much further than Link. They have a track record of promising a lot of functionality, and after the sale delivering very little with regards to software to use the hardware. I've learned my lesson. I'm here to make sure anyone buying, knows what they're likely to encounter.

Sooo,currently your sole purpose on here is to advise potential customers Corsairs short comings in their products with the intent to dissuade them from making purchases.Hopefully they wont look at your prior posts here and realize that placing any amount of trust in your opinion would be a bad judgement decision.

but that's just my 2c,;):

Thanks Ken. The issue with SIV is that it's processing your Z97X-UD3H-BK the same as it processes a Z97X-SOC and the boards have different fan connections to the ITE IT8620F and the SOC also has a ITE IT8733F.

I have just fixed it in SIV 5.00 Beta-25 and uploaded it. Would you like to test it? If so do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get it. I may have guessed the fan and temperature names incorrectly, if so tell me what they should be and I will fix them.

I suspect the CPUID SDK may have the same issue.

Awesome, I'm glad you were able to see what was wrong.

I ran the beta and it does see all 3 system fans now. :D: I think you might have the labels out of order though. What you have labeled as "System-1" is actually sys fan header 2 on the mobo. "System-2" is reporting stats from sys fan header 3 and "System-3" is reporting from sys fan header 1.

I also hope they look at your other posts and realise that taking note of anything you say is also a poor decision.

we had issues a while back and both agreed to refrain commenting on each others postings.

Ive honored my word,yet you've broken yours twice in the pasts 2 days.

I suppose keeping your word means nothing to you but since you repeatedly to want to cross this road then I can feel also feel freely to post my opinion within your posts.

why heck I may even try your Text file looking SIV on my 4930 build ,thus making a total of 4 fan controllers being used,,,,,and no issues of your mutex even being necessary

nope I cant code but I can get 4 Links working,too bad you cant:roll:

Awesome, I'm glad you were able to see what was wrong.

I ran the beta and it does see all 3 system fans now. :D: I think you might have the labels out of order though. What you have labeled as "System-1" is actually sys fan header 2 on the mobo. "System-2" is reporting stats from sys fan header 3 and "System-3" is reporting from sys fan header 1.

Thank you for checking out the changes. The names will be changed in Beta-26.

Once I get the SIV save files it's usually quite easy enough to fix this type of issue.

I think you might have the labels out of order though. What you have labeled as "System-1" is actually sys fan header 2 on the mobo. "System-2" is reporting stats from sys fan header 3 and "System-3" is reporting from sys fan header 1.

That really cant be possible to make such an elementary coding error..

Thank you for checking out the changes. The names will be changed in Beta-26.

26 updates,any idea how many more will be needed and when this will be,I may just wait for the finished product if it isn't too long...

Sooo,currently your sole purpose on here is to advise potential customers Corsairs short comings in their products with the intent to dissuade them from making purchases.Hopefully they wont look at your prior posts here and realize that placing any amount of trust in your opinion would be a bad judgement decision.

but that's just my 2c,;):

Recently you called out Red-ray for disagreeing with your opinion on matters, and talked about how you don't post disagreements with others opinions here, so you would appreciate the same courtesy. I see you don't abide by your own advice.

Seeing you are the poster child for Corsair Fan Boi, I doubt they'll be taking much stock of your opinion!

That really cant be possible to make such an elementary coding error..

26 updates,any idea how many more will be needed and when this will be,I may just wait for the finished product if it isn't too long...

You really don't have a clue! Guessing the incorrect fan names is not a coding error.

There will be as many SIV Beta releases as needed to add new facilities and correct any issues.

I have mixed views about you using SIV, but as I can't stop you all I can hope is that you don't. I guess if you do you may even realise software can me made to work reliably and that CL is poorly written and badly supported.

Recently you called out Red-ray for disagreeing with your opinion on matters, and talked about how you don't post disagreements with others opinions here, so you would appreciate the same courtesy. I see you don't abide by your own advice.

Seeing you are the poster child for Corsair Fan Boi, I doubt they'll be taking much stock of your opinion!

now not,get your facts correct.He ask for us to refrain on each others postings,we agreed,I kept my word even overlooking the first breech of his word yesterday and didn't reply till the 2nd breach today.

Where Im from a man is only as good as his word which is mainly why I over looked it yesterday but an agreement doesn't exist if one side breaks it

wouldn't you concur?

If speaking my opinion constitutes being a fanboy,then I'm guilty as charged

we had issues a while back and both agreed to refrain commenting on each others postings.

Ive honored my word,yet you've broken yours twice in the pasts 2 days.

I suppose keeping your word means nothing to you but since you repeatedly to want to cross this road then I can feel also feel freely to post my opinion within your posts.

why heck I may even try your Text file looking SIV on my 4930 build ,thus making a total of 4 fan controllers being used,,,,,and no issues of your mutex even being necessary

nope I cant code but I can get 4 Links working,too bad you cant:roll:

Yet more incorrect and misleading ramblings.

As to why you think I can't get 4 fan controllers to work I can't comprehend. Given I have 3 x CL Mini + 2 x Cooling node + H80 + H100i + H110iGT all working is clearly incorrect.

You seen to think just because you state something it's correct!

now not,get your facts correct.He ask for us to refrain on each others postings,we agreed,I kept my word even overlooking the first breech of his word yesterday and didn't reply till the 2nd breach today.

Where Im from a man is only as good as his word which is mainly why I over looked it yesterday but an agreement doesn't exist if one side breaks it

wouldn't you concur?

I stated that provided you stopped hijacking threads I was involved in just to defend Corsair would not go looking for the rubbish you post.

Yet more incorrect and misleading ramblings.

As to why you think I can't get 4 fan controllers to work I can't comprehend. Given I have 3 x CL Mini + 2 x Cooling node + H80 + H100i + H110iGT all working is clearly incorrect.

You seen to think just because you same something it's correct!

Your a software engineer but you cant get the Link software to work

Why you cant is simply astonishing especially when someone as meager as I have it working multiple times

I suspect if you admitted Link works for you then it would tarnish your consistent promotion of SIV.

I stated that provided you stopped hijacking threads I was involved in just to defend Corsair would not go looking for the rubbish you post.

Ive never had an issue with you posting on my comments,it was you that needed me to mum it...

do you not remember this pm from November?

Clearly we think about thing in a different ways. My comments are based on my understanding of how software works or should work and to me yours are based on your previous use of the software.

I have deleted all my posts to your commnets and feel you to do the same.

Please do not post to any thread I start and I would prefer you not to comment on any post I make.

Your a software engineer but you cant get the Link software to work

Why you cant is simply astonishing especially when someone as meager as I have it working multiple times

I suspect if you admitted Link works for you then it would tarnish your consistent promotion of SIV.

Ive never had an issue with you posting on my comments,it was you that needed me to mum it...

I try not to promote SIV, but given it often works when CL does not it's tricky not to.

I don't need to do anything.

Whenever I point out errors in you posts you start attacking me and my software. This is not acceptable to me so I have reported you to the moderators.

Its amazing how you spin your opinion to suit your own self serving needs to accuse my postings as attacking you while at the same time accusing me of being misinformed,ignorant to but name a couple.

Honestly all I can say is I truly wish I had some of the stuff your on:D:

seriously tho,reporting to the mods is a moot attempt at compassion as they do proof our posts--even deleted ones

this all started because I commented to another in regards to getting his link working

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoWRiDeR82 View Post

Ok guys, I would like to apologize to corsair for what I said earlier..

I found the culprit and it was not Link..it was another monitoring software I had running in the background called HWINFO64...it creates conflicts. As soon as I uninstalled all problems look solved. H100i working now properly...

wytnyt

Now you have an idea of the issues Corsair faces with their software,its not just one monitoring program users install but dozens and each has to control things even if the user doesn't actually run the program when going into windows,,,glad you isolated the problem and got it working...

obviously a mutex wasnt needed as he got things working

I dont care if you agree with me but This does not give YOU the right to belittle me and call me names

practice what you preach is all thats needed

was all this worth it?

Its amazing how you spin your opinion to suit your own self serving needs to accuse my postings as attacking you while at the same time accusing me of being misinformed,ignorant to but name a couple.

Honestly all I can say is I truly wish I had some of the stuff your on:D:

seriously tho,reporting to the mods is a moot attempt at compassion as they do proof our posts--even deleted ones

this all started because I commented to another in regards to getting his link working

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoWRiDeR82 View Post

Ok guys, I would like to apologize to corsair for what I said earlier..

I found the culprit and it was not Link..it was another monitoring software I had running in the background called HWINFO64...it creates conflicts. As soon as I uninstalled all problems look solved. H100i working now properly...

wytnyt

Now you have an idea of the issues Corsair faces with their software,its not just one monitoring program users install but dozens and each has to control things even if the user doesn't actually run the program when going into windows,,,glad you isolated the problem and got it working...

obviously a mutex wasnt needed as he got things working

was all this worth it?

As I said, you are incorrect. I will explain this again. Consider the following:

1) Just CL

2) Just HWiNFO

3) Just SIV

4) CL + HWiNFO

5) CL + SIV

6) HWiNFO + SIV

For 1, 2 and 3 there is just one program accessing the CL hardware, so there is no contention and no need for a mutex. By not running HWiNFO there is only one program, so a mutex is not needed.

For 4 and 5 there are two programs accessing the CL hardware and as CL does not use the mutex there are issues.

For 6 there are still two programs accessing the hardware, but as they both interlock with the same mutex there are no issues.

Given that HWiNFO and SIV can work together then the issue is with CL as it does not use the mutex.

The usual real world analogy I give is a single line railway with passing places. With just one train no signalling is needed, but with two trains there needs to be a signalling system to ensure they cross where there is a passing place. The mutex is the signalling system to allow two programs to successfully access the CL hardware.

CL uses CPUID SDK for reading the motherboard sensors and this correctly uses the Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method mutex to interlock access. This is why it's safe to run CL and HWMonitor at the same time.

AISuite does not use this mutex which is why there are issues running AISuite and CL at the same time.

wouldn't you concur?

Notice that I have not been commenting on your posts... yet you continue to post on mine.

You are called a fanboy, because you will like anything associated with Corsair, and defend it at all costs.

Here's the definition: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboi

Corsair Link has many problems. You seem to think that because you can get CL to work on your config, that everyone else who can't get it to work on their config, is because they are doing something wrong. But even Corsair support personnel agree this is not true. There are bugs with the firmware in certain coolers, there are issues with foreign languages, etc. ad nauseum.

Red-ray has fixed some things in SIV, and when he fixes them, his fixes seem to be pointed at specific hardware configurations and issues. He tends to implement these as Beta releases so the person having the issue can test it and get working quickly. This kind of responsive release will naturally result in more software versions. It does not mean his code is inferior.

Note that Corsair does nothing like this. This is why after 2 months past the date we were told we'd have a version with fixes, we are still being treated like mushrooms... kept in the dark and fed $&^t! We have Corsair employees posted that fixes are understood, but Corsair won't post the fixes, because they still have other issues. How that is better than what Red-Ray is doing?

I used to think you didn't get why others were having issues, was because you hadn't been exposed to the threads where Corsair admits to problems. I can no longer believe that to be the case. Their support personnel here have been admitting to issues on a pretty regular basis. How you can continue with the attacks on people who can't get CL to work, now alludes to your intellect being a bit challenged.

I'd love for Corsair to come out with a working version, and fix our issues. But so far their efforts look pretty identical to the last 18 months of CL that doesn't work as promised.

If they were smart, they would be getting the code for how to read the sensor values and program the devices with Red-Ray's code. They could then integrate this with their UI. But instead they insist on revising what they have. Given their track record, I doubt the effectiveness of this approach, as it is only continuing what they tell us they've been doing for years.

You're probably an OK person, but why you insist on not seeing the facts, is beyond my ability to understand, and makes many at this forum dismiss your viewpoint.

As I said, you are incorrect. I will explain this again.

The above is where I stopped reading your post as the rest is impertinent

what is pertinent

What I post is my opinion regardless if its right or wrong in your opinion

It is NOT up to you to police the accuracy of my posts,this is the responsibility of the MODS if I err in my statements

Im tired of being corrected by someone such as you as it isn't your responsibility and it will stop...

Im not quite sure what your fascination is with me but your just spinning your wheels and you simply need to move on

im taken...

Notice that I have not been commenting on your posts... yet you continue to post on mine.

You are called a fanboy, because you will like anything associated with Corsair, and defend it at all costs.

Here's the definition: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboi

Corsair Link has many problems. You seem to think that because you can get CL to work on your config, that everyone else who can't get it to work on their config, is because they are doing something wrong. But even Corsair support personnel agree this is not true. There are bugs with the firmware in certain coolers, there are issues with foreign languages, etc. ad nauseum.

Red-ray has fixed some things in SIV, and when he fixes them, his fixes seem to be pointed at specific hardware configurations and issues. He tends to implement these as Beta releases so the person having the issue can test it and get working quickly. This kind of responsive release will naturally result in more software versions. It does not mean his code is inferior.

Note that Corsair does nothing like this. This is why after 2 months past the date we were told we'd have a version with fixes, we are still being treated like mushrooms... kept in the dark and fed $&^t! We have Corsair employees posted that fixes are understood, but Corsair won't post the fixes, because they still have other issues. How that is better than what Red-Ray is doing?

I used to think you didn't get why others were having issues, was because you hadn't been exposed to the threads where Corsair admits to problems. I can no longer believe that to be the case. Their support personnel here have been admitting to issues on a pretty regular basis. How you can continue with the attacks on people who can't get CL to work, now alludes to your intellect being a bit challenged.

I'd love for Corsair to come out with a working version, and fix our issues. But so far their efforts look pretty identical to the last 18 months of CL that doesn't work as promised.

If they were smart, they would be getting the code for how to read the sensor values and program the devices with Red-Ray's code. They could then integrate this with their UI. But instead they insist on revising what they have. Given their track record, I doubt the effectiveness of this approach, as it is only continuing what they tell us they've been doing for years.

You're probably an OK person, but why you insist on not seeing the facts, is beyond my ability to understand, and makes many at this forum dismiss your viewpoint.

for once in my 60 years I can honestly say

Im speechless:confused:

The above is where I stopped reading your post as the rest is impertinent

what is pertinent

What I post is my opinion regardless if its right or wrong in your opinion

It is NOT up to you to police the accuracy of my posts,this is the responsibility of the MODS if I err in my statements

Im tired of being corrected by someone such as you as it isn't your responsibility and it will stop...

Im not quite sure what your fascination is with me but your just spinning your wheels and you simply need to move on

im taken...

It's my right to inform others your post is misleading just as much as it's yours to post the rubbish.

Given I bothered to explain why then not bothering to take the time to try and learn is to me unacceptable.

It's my right to inform others your post is misleading just as much as it's yours to post the rubbish.

Given I bothered to explain why then not bothering to take the time to try and learn is to me unacceptable.

Then I have said same right to exercise my opinion so its also a right I plan to judiciously exercise.,,so dont cry when done as I have vehemently held back an enormous amount of desire to express my opinion lately but thanks to you this no longer is necessary

now are we done with this current discussion?

Archived