Corsair Community

Latest version of iCUE is completely borked

PerpetualSeanX

I cannot use the new version of iCUE. When I would try and bring it to the foreground it wouldn't show up, right clicking the icon in the tray would simply give me a blue spinning circle like it was trying something. I updated from previous version of iCUE.

Went to uninstall it and try again only to be met with a pop up stating, "The installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

So. . .I closed all of corsair stuff running, and deleted the file manually to try and reinstall with the actual file. However, when I go to run the latest iCUE version installer it tells me the same thing.

So, I figured with iCUE deleted I'd just install an earlier build until things settled down. Negative. It simply tells me that there is a newer build installed and tells me to get bent.

Help?

Ah ok, I understand what you mean. I tried that earlier as well it did not work. Just for good measure I went ahead and tried it again. When I try repair it gives same error message. When I try uninstall, same error message.

Any other tips that may help? Thanks for your time.

PS: I just tried redownloading and deleting the older downloaded files. Still same.

I can't even really find anything in uninstall related to iCUE in my regedit in uninstall.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A2206C09905C467F30CB24DCBB49F056D7F0A290

Thats the only thing I see related to corsair and it's labeled as Windows Driver package.

Archived