Corsair Community

hs70 audio issue with PUBG

TheSolidCrimson

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is removing ICUE possibly the answer? Does it improve sound that much? The surround offering is the reason i downloaded it.. but not sure that is necessary?

if you are playing pubg ... YES. Remove the software and let the headset download a generic driver. (Microsoft driver) you can then use loudness eq and windows sonic (suround). I like it much better.

I asked a very popular streamer about the issue, he is partnered with corsair and uses the same headset. He wouldn't really answer my question when asked and kept talking about other things when I definitely wasn't the only one asking about it. You could tell he didn't want to talk about it.

I wonder if G933 owners have the same issue, as the G933 and HS70 use pretty much the same wireless communication hardware from Avnera.

If you have having small "brown outs" where the sound dims, pops, crackles, try a different USB port, the front panel USB3 wiring on my Fractal case does not provide enough power for the transmitter.

I wonder if G933 owners have the same issue, as the G933 and HS70 use pretty much the same wireless communication hardware from Avnera.

If you have having small "brown outs" where the sound dims, pops, crackles, try a different USB port, the front panel USB3 wiring on my Fractal case does not provide enough power for the transmitter.

I have the g933 and that issue is not present.the issue with logitech is the volume is limited by their software. That is why i wanted to try another brand.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue with volume randomly going up, and then back down. Its as if something amplifys it for a few seconds and then back down. This is happening when I play World of Warships. I need to check with other games. Just bought the headset.

I have the same issue with volume randomly going up, and then back down. Its as if something amplifys it for a few seconds and then back down. This is happening when I play World of Warships. I need to check with other games. Just bought the headset.

the bulk of issues that i hear about are with PUBG... i have played other games and have noticed the same issue but its not as noticeable as it is in pubg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just registered, because as a new Corsair HS70 user I'm having the same issues. Volume is really low, issue occurs only in PUBG. Need to crank the volume to 100% to play and it's still a bit to low. The changing levels of ingame volume occur as well - but it's more like +- 5% for me.

I've went to HS70 from Logitech's G933 just like MasterKush13 and TheSolidCrimson, having the low volume issue on that headset as well. Previously had the wired G633 which didn't have those issues at all.

I'm considering returning the HS70 as well.

Edited by marvel_marv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i have a simple workaround for the moment until this is addressed, and it looks like it may be a while since it was just brought to corsairs attention.

Completely uninstall ICUE

Go to hardware/devices in the control panel and remove device (corsair headset)

restart your pc

when pc comes back up. insert the usb dongle and your pc should install a generic driver. this will allow you to use loudness equalization and you may if you like turn on sonic or dolby atmos. this works much better for me in pubg.

When this issue is addressed and you want to redownload the ICUE, you may and when you do this ICUE will replace the generic driver with the official corsair driver and ICUE will have sole control of the headset. Hope this helps!

Hi, I am new to the forum but wanted to join because I like many have had trouble with Dolby Atmos because it does not work with ICue, I did not want to loose the lighting on my keyboard and mouse and also the buttons on the side of the mouse which I use in game, I have found you can just uninstall the drivers for the headphones, this way I get the Dolby Atmos working through my headphones and keep the functions of the keyboard and mouse through ICue, I too would like Corsair to bring out a driver update but got no indication of when this would be when I raised a ticket with them.

I hope this helps anyone who has uninstalled ICue because of this.

Jacko........

unfortunately no, I do not not have the software downloaded. Same here. I think thats why the hs70 is on sale on Amazon right now for like 50 bucks.

I have corsair keyboard too so I have to use the software because of the RGB light on the keyboard. I bought it 3 weeks ago from amazon it was 60 bucks and I am very disappointed

I don't want to control HS70 on software. It's shouldn't be too difficult :(

I've experienced the exact same trouble as many others it seems (on HS70 SE), with the audio levels raising and lowering on their own accord with some audio pops as well. This was happening in multiple games and was immediately fixed when I removed the driver and iCUE.

I don't own any other products that use iCUE, so this wasn't as much of an issue for me, but it'd sure be nice to be able to use the 7.1 surround solution that Corsair has made for the headset, as well as features like auto-shutoff. :sigh!: