Corsair Community

Corsair Void RGB USB and Windows 10 Issues

Eleecho

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and I am having some issues with my Corsair VOID USB headset.

The mic audio sounds like an interstellar transmission sending a distress signal to the Nostromo.

I've reinstalled windows, reinstalled drivers, reinstalled the Corsair device software.

I've tried this on more than one than one device to rule out hardware issues.

The audio sounds perfectly fine in Windows 8.1.

Looking for some assistance. I have borrowed a different USB headset to test to confirm is specifically this model and brand.

I really like this headset, so it's a major bummer that I can't get this worked out.

Here's the back and forth that I had with Corsair.

Me:

Hello,

I own a Corsair VOID RGB Wired headset by Corsair. I recently (within 48 hours) upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. On Win8, my headset worked great! But since upgrading to Win10, I am having sound quality issues.

I've tried nearly everything. Reinstalling iCue after uninstalling it and the drivers multiple times. I've tried using an older version of iCue, (CUE 1) and the issue remains. I've recorded myself online and I can hear what my friends are hearing. It's very static and "lo-fi". To rule out hardware issues I've tested this on my notebook running Win 8.1 and it sounds just fine!

Looks to be driver / software issues to me.

What should I do?

Here are some audio samples from both the machine with the issue and another machine that sounds perfectly fine with the same exact headset.

Window 10 - With Issue: https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/knvpcsiz36npnee7

Windows 8.1 - No Issue: https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/pgxuxsxtlfw7iple

Corsair:

Please try the following troubleshooting steps below.

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

- Uninstall the iCUE software.

- Please locate your Appdata folder, and delete the 2 Corsair folders in the Local and Roaming folder.

- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

- Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner

- Restart your computer

- Download a fresh copy of iCUE from our website

- Reinstall iCUE.

Me:

To mirror back what I did, starting with making sure my headset was NOT plugged in during this process.

1: Made sure Windows was fully up to date.

2: Uninstalled iCue

3: Visited the AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming folders to remove any corsair folders (they were removed during uninstall so there was nothing left for me to delete)

4: Used CCleaner to clean my registry

5: Restarted my computer into safe mode and double checked that ALL corsair folders were gone from the AppData folder

6: Restarted my computer into normal opperation

7: Downloaded a fresh copy of iCue v. 3.9.93 and installed it

8: Told the software NOT to launch

9: Restarted my computer and waited for iCue to start

10: Plugged in my headset

11: Created the following recording on speakpipe.com

https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/7qts5n730brdmuat

As you can hear, this did not solve the problem. Whats next?

Corsair:

I see. It means it's not the iCUE software as well. It could either be a Windows 10 driver causing the issue or it's a hardware issue on your PC since the headset works perfectly fine on a different computer.

Me:

I've reinstalled windows 8.1 on the machine that I was experiencing issues. The headset mic audio works fine.

I've just finished building a new computer and have installed Windows 10. The headset mic continues to have issues.

Sounds like your device and windows 10 are not working properly.

How are you going to fix this issue?

Corsair:

If the headset is working fine with Windows 8.1 and it's not working with Windows 10, then the headset is not at fault here. The problem is with the driver within your Windows 10 operating system and we do not troubleshoot issues outside of Corsair to avoid tampering. I would recommend contacting Microsoft for further troubleshooting as they know better their software more than us.

@Corsair Mint

I believe I do. I'll go ahead and give that a shot.

But, I think my desktop speakers use that driver. If I uninstall those drivers and it fixes it, that's great, but if I can't use both the headset and the desktop speakers that's not really a fix.

Let's see if that has any affect though.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
@Corsair Mint

I believe I do. I'll go ahead and give that a shot.

But, I think my desktop speakers use that driver. If I uninstall those drivers and it fixes it, that's great, but if I can't use both the headset and the desktop speakers that's not really a fix.

Let's see if that has any affect though.

Thanks.

Did u fixed this problem ? I Having same problem now. What should i do ? And my Void Pro USB lighitng not working :( I bought 3 weeks ago.

I solved...

Directions:

Right click the speaker icon in the lower right in Windows.

Click Sounds

Go to the Recording tab

Click on the mic that is being used. Mine has the green default indicating check mark next to it.

Click Properties at the bottom.

Go to the Advanced tab

There will be a rectangular drop down that should let you adjust the quality you transmit in.

I would say put it on DVD at minimum.

DO NOT FORGET TO CLICK APPLY AND THEN OK.

Then close everything and should be good to go.

Archived