Corsair Community

How to pause, then continue macro

frigate

I'm running multiple windows for a game. My macro cycles through all those client windows, performing hotkeys and mouse clicks on each. Frequently, there are situations where I would need to pause the macro, make adjustments on the current character window, then resume cycling through the remaining client windows.

Is there a way to program the macro, or any other technique, to pause the macro while I make adjustments, then make it continue with the rest of the macro operations?

There is no way to remember or make controlled responses using macros. A macro is an execution of steps. So, no, I don't believe there is a way to pause and then restart a macro (on this macro program or any competitor keyboard or mouse manufacturer macro software).

You can control the stopping of the macro. You can start a new macro from the same constant position on the screen if you know that the window is there. You can do two macros from the same key the first to cycle and then use the second action to start a second macro. You could use the toggle command to make it start and stop from the same place with two macros if this was consistent.

If there's a linear way to consistently get to where you want to get to before pausing the macro, and a linear way to get to after you pause, without using ICUE to do any remembering of where you were, then another technique would probably be possible.

Archived