Corsair Community

Vengence M90 mouse BRICKED! (comedy)

Scratch4416

So since I went through all this trouble to set up my profile, and spent 15 mins figuring out how to post here, I figure I might as well tell you all what's up.

The other day, I went back on GTA V online. I haven't played that game in a while, but since the new update just came out, I figured I would get back into it. It was pretty much unplayable due to the game lagging like crazy any time I entered a mission area. The strange thing was my FPS counter never dropped below ~53, but the game would be playing as if it were more like ~5.3.

I spent the next day trouble shooting, and could not find anything wrong. So finally I just threw my hands up, and reinstalled Windows. Luckily I keep my OS on a separate SSD from everything else, so I did not lose anything doing that besides my drivers.

After reinstalling Windows, GTA no longer lagged. Whatever was wrong must have be a bug in a recent Windows update or something. But then I had to reinstall all my drivers. I totally forgot about my M90 mouse driver, until I went to play a game of DotA 2 today. I got in the middle of a match, and none of my abilities were working! :bigeyes:

So I bailed on the game :evil: and went to install the mouse driver. Well, that was no problem, went smoothly. Set up my trigger keys. Then I pulled up my browser to test it. I always test any key binding changes in my browser before I launch a game and find out it's not working. Good thing, because it was not working. I spent like 2 freakin hours repeatedly restarting, opening and closing the Corsair key bindings program, etc.

I was completely lost as to why it would not be working. I know there is nothing wrong with the mouse, unless it just got broken by being in such close proximity to Windows 10. So I came here to check the forums. Could not even look at the forums without an account. So I made an account. For some reason that failed, so I tried again. Got it. Entered in all my system specs, so all you geeks here could tell me about how I should have gotten an MSI mobo, or an NVIDIA gpu, etc. Then I spent about 15-20 mins trying to figure out how to post my problem.

So finally, I figured out how to post that somehow my mouse broke itself, and my key bindings won't work, even though it appears to be saved. Then I'm like, "you know what, this is really stupid, but I'm just going to unplug it, and plug it back in, before I post. So I unplugged it, and plugged it back in. AND IT WORKED!. Thank you, every Indian/Pakistani tech support guy named John from Minnesota that I every talked to, and was completely unable to help resolve my problem, your advice finally became useful! :sigh!:

Could not even look at the forums without an account.
These forums are publicly viewable, no login needed. Did you get an error or something?

Thank you, every Indian/Pakistani tech support guy named John from Minnesota that I every talked to, and was completely unable to help resolve my problem, your advice finally became useful! :sigh!:
I'm assuming this is some type of generic support joke since Corsair's phone support team is in the USA.

These forums are publicly viewable, no login needed. Did you get an error or something?

Thank you, every Indian/Pakistani tech support guy named John from Minnesota that I every talked to, and was completely unable to help resolve my problem, your advice finally became useful! :sigh!:
I'm assuming this is some type of generic support joke since Corsair's phone support team is in the USA.

No error, it just would not let me in. And yeah that is not about Corsair support, I have never called them. Just talking about all the idiot tech support people at basically every other company, answering the phone with a thick Indian/Pakistani accent "Hi my name is Joe from Ohio how can I help you? Have you tried turning it off and back on again? Have you checked if it is plugged in?"

• Corsair Employee
So I unplugged it, and plugged it back in. AND IT WORKED!. Thank you, every Indian/Pakistani tech support guy named John from Minnesota that I every talked to, and was completely unable to help resolve my problem, your advice finally became useful! :sigh!:

LOL! I am going to start recommending that in every post :D:

Archived