Corsair Community

M90 DoA

grifft

Firstly, I do love my k90, never had any problems with it despite what alot of this forum contains, had a dead shift LED, but my hand is on that constantly so I wasn't too bothered.

Seeing as I was impressed with the keyboard I thought the mouse would be a good investment when my scroll wheel died. However, when I got my hands on it, I plugged it straight into the mobo, nothing happened, thought this was normal, so I went to the corsair site, downloaded and attempted to install the default firmware+software for it.

Cannot open USB device, please plug the device into a USB port or reinstall driver!

For every different software or firmware installation it produces the same error, when plugging it into any of the USB ports, front and rear, nothing happens inside device manager or windows.

If anyone can give me a hand I would be grateful.

Case number on ticket submitted is #5225087

Thanks, Grifft

Yeah tried all the methods I mentioned in the first post on a laptop.

It turns out that not only my shift key is unlit, but all of the media keys (stop back play forward mute) and the brightness key also do not function, and I just recalled that the E key used to not work, but now is fully functional, probably just a loose connection fixed by regular typing.

I didn't even consider this as I had no idea that these keys ever even lit up due to never having seen them do so.

Reflash the K90 and see if that solves your issue.

Tried this, did nothing, had to setup my macro keys again, sad times.

Also make sure Human interface device access is enabled.

How-to is here.

Was enabled on the laptop and the desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived