Corsair Community

Corsair Link worked for 2 days, now can't control anything and duplicates exist

8510tm

These are my issues:

- for 2 days I could control my cooler lighting but not now

- duplicate devices now show running at zero values - changing their profiles has the same effect as changing the running devices ... no effect at all

- even when things worked my RGB settings matched no manual (Corsair has no manual for the latest version anyway)

Step 1 is to get Corsair Link working so I can change fan speed profiles and lighting thanks.

Step 2 (nice to have) would be an explanation as to how the lighting works and why mine is different to screen shots posted. I see:

- LED mode options for Normal or Temperature (no third option)

- 3 rgb sliders

- a high temperature check box and temperature controller in temperature mode which has never made any sense. Are there just two colour options in temperature mode.

I am shocked as to how many issues there are and no solutions I could read. I don't think I will be buying Corsair anything again unless this is fixed. I can't believe these coolers are popular. This is new gear and it sucks.

Some info:

- the cooler is a h100i GTX

- the OS is Win10 64bit

- Corsair Link version is 3.2.5742 (latest and this is what was first put on)

- All drivers are the latest

- I can see the cooler device under device manager

- I have a RM650i but have not connected the PSU with Corsair Link (no USB2.0 headers left)

No I have not but not tried a miniUSB to type A cable. Is that to try and solve the problems or to try to free up a header?

If it may help then I have a shortish miniUSB cable that gets me to inside my case roof and then an extension I can run out the back ... just to try.

If I save my profile and restart then the duplicates still exist. The main problem is I can't control either.

Have you tried a miniUSB B to Type A cable? Does it stop the duplicate entries after you save the profile and restart?

I tried the Type A cable and it made no difference.

I have now disconnected the USB from my h100i GTX and connected the power supply so I can check my maximum power draw during games.

In the past a miniUSB B to Type A cable usually solved some problems.

Have you tried the previous version of LINK? It may work better than the latest build or the same issues may just appear.

You can also contact Technical support via their portal and ask whether they have any known issues with the Z170 chipset or solutions to resolve the issues you are currently experiencing.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

I have never used an earlier version of link. I have disconnected the cooler USB cable for now but I notice that the working gages randomly change between the two sets of gages I have. I will get an internal USB hub after Christmas and then try to get everything working again. A shame I couldn't change my cooler settings before unplugging.

Archived