The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2016, 04:29 PM

POST ID # = 854520
snocat Reputation: 10

Here's how, record the keystroke, delete the delay and the up arrow, choose toggle, upload to keyboard.

Mine is set up to toggle the left shift key.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:12 PM

POST ID # = 863039
frigate Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocat View Post
Here's how, record the keystroke, delete the delay and the up arrow, choose toggle, upload to keyboard.

Mine is set up to toggle the left shift key.
Thanks. Your suggestion worked. The macro presses and holds down the Z-key. However, pressing that G-key again doesn't toggle it off. The macro seems to be stuck in an infinite loop. Any suggestions?

K95 macro setup.jpg

Old 07-24-2016, 05:04 PM
ReaperNX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 863964
ReaperNX Reputation: 10

Any update on this feature being implemented?

Old 07-29-2016, 10:16 PM
Apples's PC Specs

POST ID # = 864809
Apples Reputation: 12

I think this is the closest to what you want that I have found.

I made some pictures but to sum it up....

Press and Release Macro Key = Key Press
Press and Release Macro Key a 2nd time = Key Release

Yes you need to input an amount of pause time in between press and release.
I gave a solution to the problem.

The important aspect I believe in this case is when you press the macro key a second time to end it early, the key release at the end is acknowledged.

This results in the macro being very responsive.

I do not recommend trying to use any macros that have the presses on one macro and the releases on a second macro that is initiated by the "2nd macro on release"

Anyways here are some pics.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:15 PM

POST ID # = 875860
Modulus Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperNX View Post
Any update on this feature being implemented?
Also looking for updates. It's been over a year since this has been posted and this still hasn't been addressed.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:07 AM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 894060
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄

In another post, I have described and demonstrated how to use CUE 2 so that a G key toggles holding down a key.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:12 PM

POST ID # = 910460
Jafo67 Reputation: 10

Didnt't Reapexx post a response, (only 4 days after OP), showing how to do this in CUE 1.x, not dissimilar to what Comet has done with CUE v2.x ?

Old 01-06-2018, 07:27 PM
beninu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934118
beninu Reputation: 10
Thumbs up It does the trick ... thanks

Thank you very much!
This does the trick. Not elegantly - but that is by no means your fault.

To me this is perfect - I like to use it for the weapon selection in FPS where you often have to hold down evither a MB or a KBD key while using the mous or mouse wheel to select weapon, and I like to just have to click one of the G keys once to open the menu and the same again to close it. I use a mouse G-key I should add as I use the 12 btn MMPRPG mouse from Corsair.

It is a bit saddening that Corsair haven't adressed this yet, as this would be a very simple problem to solve. I used to have another brand where it was a very simple solution to use wether it was an on-off toggle with just a simple checkbox, so of course it is doable. I would never go back to any other brand as I love my Corsair and the fact that it (as opposed to the before non-mentioned brand) use genuine Cherry MX switches (which was my main reason to change). The different interface for macro programming took a little time, but now thast I have been using this for over two years I can really see that this is far more advanced than my previous setup. Alone the fact that Corsair mice can be programmed to do the exact same with their buttons (even the standard MB1-MB3) as you can with any of the G-buttons is a huge advantage compared to my previous brand, as is the fact that you can actually combine keyboard and mouse input in the macro programming.

But enough rambling on from me. Thank you again - this is a fine solution for me as I never open my weapon selection more than a few seconds so to me it is plenty of time if I put a 60000 ms delay between key-down and key-up. When people use it for "W" to make the PC move forward at all times I can see how 99 seconds (the naximum pause) could be too short, but of course you can string them with the press of a "dummy-key" in between, like you also described.

Than you for taking the time to come up with this work-around and for taking the time to explain it so elaborately with the screen dumps and all. This is a true example of how you reply with enthusiasm to forum requests, instead of just saying "Google is your friend" or linking to something that is not at all the solution.

Your are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
I think this is the closest to what you want that I have found.

I made some pictures but to sum it up....

Press and Release Macro Key = Key Press
Press and Release Macro Key a 2nd time = Key Release

Yes you need to input an amount of pause time in between press and release.
I gave a solution to the problem.

The important aspect I believe in this case is when you press the macro key a second time to end it early, the key release at the end is acknowledged.

This results in the macro being very responsive.

I do not recommend trying to use any macros that have the presses on one macro and the releases on a second macro that is initiated by the "2nd macro on release"

Anyways here are some pics.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:24 PM

POST ID # = 964678
Crusar Reputation: 10

Hello. I am currently having this same problem with my Corsair Scimitar mouse. I am just trying to assing a shift key toggle to my G key. For some reason, its impossible to make it work. I do not know why, as it is a simple feature.

What i am doing is :
Macro->Advanced Settings->Toggle->Insaert new event->Keystroke->Shift->Done.

Nothing happens. When i set it as On key press, it toggles it on, but when i press again the G key it doesn't toggle it off. Basically when you set it on its on forever.

Is there a way to make this work ? And if possible without that profile thing i saw up? I have 1 profile and thats all i need.
I mean i don't get it. Why make all these flashy lights settings and stuff.... who actually cares for that while gaming ? To be honest, when i was choosing a mouse that
was the only thing i didn't like in corsair products. And now i cant set a simple toggle.... great.

Currently using latest version of iCUE, downloaded and installed it an hour ago, even tried removing everything, HID drivers included, restarting my PC ( Win 10 Pro x64 ) and installing
it all all over again. Same result, still cant make a simple toggle.

Last edited by Crusar; 07-20-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:03 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964696
hastegag Reputation: 20

that is expected keystroke means it just plain old hits Shift.

Toggling it wont do what you think it will since it already stopped doing that and if it is set to repeat, it is just going to keep hitting shift. You want shift to be held down via a toggle.

The old way was dangerous but now the new icue has a GREAT feature called remap modifiers and lock keys and hit imitate holding key and select toggle.