Corsair Community

LL140 Fans - Before I buy questions

1ntel

Hi all, I am looking to buy 4 of the LL140 fans and I have some questions.

It comes with lighting node pro, do I need to buy Corsair commander pro?

Do this fans allow you to configure step up time if I set them to run based on CPU temperature? for example, CPU temperature hits 60c, it has to retain 60c or above for at least 3 seconds before speeding the fans up?

Thanks.

You don't need a Commander Pro for RGB control. You do need it for fan speed control. And the CoPro doesn't have hysteresis (step-up time) but if you are just using the NoPro, that'll be based on your motherboard. While the CoPro doesn't have hysteresis, the temp sensors give you better options for fan speed control and it's typically not necessary. It's only really important if you base fan speeds on CPU temps.

And see the RGB FAQ in my sig.

You don't need a Commander Pro for RGB control. You do need it for fan speed control. And the CoPro doesn't have hysteresis (step-up time) but if you are just using the NoPro, that'll be based on your motherboard. While the CoPro doesn't have hysteresis, the temp sensors give you better options for fan speed control and it's typically not necessary. It's only really important if you base fan speeds on CPU temps.

And see the RGB FAQ in my sig.

Thanks!

I asked about step up time because I have the ROG Maximus X Hero motherboard from ASUS and it has the option but it has never worked. I set the setting and the fans just spin up and down all over, a quick Google and its a common problem.

I'm not sure what to base the fan speeds from if I got the commander pro. In an ideal world I would look at GPU temps and CPU temps and if either exceed a set limit the fans would increase.

• 2 weeks later...
Internal case temps. Radiator intake temps. Ambient ... all kinds of things.

I have a sensor just over my GPU that I use for case fan measurements.

I am just looking again as I am now looking for some fan replacements.

I think using the sensors I would have trouble deciding where the sensors should be ideally, shame it can't just read the h150i pro water temperature and the GPU temperature and if either exceeds a set temperature they ramp up.

I think using the sensors I would have trouble deciding where the sensors should be ideally, shame it can't just read the h150i pro water temperature and the GPU temperature and if either exceeds a set temperature they ramp up.

You can do this as well, although iCUE must be running for the Commander Pro to receive the data from the other component.

Archived