Corsair Community

Long overdue build. Corsair Air 540

Long overdue build. i5 9600k

This started as a build for my son 2 years ago. At the time I thought he was too young to have a PC. So I slowly started buying parts for him that we're not going to be obsolete. I started out buying a EVGA power supply and a Corsair case. I was assuming that I was going to be able to build the PC within the next year. Now that he's gotten old enough to have one, I decided to go for it since it's Christmas and right now a lot of the parts I got were on sale. Here's the list of parts I've compiled so far.

Corsair Air 540 case

EVGA Supernova 850 G2

ASUS Prime z390-A

Intel i5-9600k

Corsair H100i platinum RGB cooler

Corsair ML 120 Pro RGB 3 Pack w/ lighting node pro

Corsair ML 140 Pro RGB

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb

Corsair K68 keyboard

Corsair M65 mouse

Corsair Void Pro headset

Samsung Pro M.2 NVMe V Nand SSD 512gb

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW DT iCX

Windows 10 Home 64bit

LG - WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

Acer 24 inch XB241H bmipr G-sync 180hz monitor

wire management today. Got the commander pro installed. The three intake fans and rear exhaust fan are powered by the commander pro. The radiator fans are powered by the H100i platinum. All the LEDs are ran to the LED hub which is mounted at the top of the case.

eZCOCSTl.jpg

jU2s1lLl.jpg

fW4bUOll.jpg

The Power Supply should be a Corsair...

Not really sure how to respond to this because it's basically a comment that I don't feel the need to address. But...the power supply was bought 2-3 years ago and for only $100 brand new. It had a mail in rebate. It got great reviews and was in my mind at the time plenty power for what I was building him.

So thanks for your comment that basically serves no purpose in this thread.

Looks great! I really miss my 540 sometimes. It was such a nice, cozy box. Your back side management is also a lot better than mine ever was. Those EVGA cables are like anacondas. I really liked my Supernova in that build, but I went much skinnier after moving out. I hope he enjoys it!

Looks great! I really miss my 540 sometimes. It was such a nice, cozy box. Your back side management is also a lot better than mine ever was. Those EVGA cables are like anacondas. I really liked my Supernova in that build, but I went much skinnier after moving out. I hope he enjoys it!

Thank you so much. It booted first try. I've been MIA for a couple days due to installing windows and other software for it to ready to go Christmas morning.

Archived