Corsair Community

Start up problem

toon

My corsair k70 RGB keyboard is not seen on boot up when plugged into the rear USB’s 2 or 3 on my desktop, it works in all the USB’s 2 or 3 in the front of my case.

My motherboard is an Asus Maximus hero VIII and I have downloaded all the latest drivers and updated the BIOS, I have even tried changing the HID keyboard device in device manager but still not seen on boot up.

The Power saver: USB settings enable/disable did not work, I’m guessing it’s a power problem from the USB and not the keyboard because if you switch the power on/off quickly it sometimes works, if that fails unplug and then plug back the USB always works.

I know this may not be a corsair problem, but I’m hoping someone here may have had a problem like this.

Thanks for any advice.

See if disabling the Asus BIOS "fast boot" option helps. It is in the boot tab in the Advanced BIOS (F7) at the very top. Most Asus boards default it on with USB set to some kind of optimized setting where it only looks for keyboard/mouse. Disabling this can help with some other issues as well and the time saved in absolutely minuscule unless you have a pile of drives connected via USB.

Thanks c-attack

But my fast boot is disabled.

what I have noticed: I have all my power supply plugs PC, Monitor, external HD, Speakers etc. in an extension socket and I switch this off when finished using the PC. however if I don't switch this off and reboot my PC the keyboard keys all flash then I'm left with just the Lock key and LED on/off key lit and after fully booted every thing is working.

I guessing this could be a timing problem or a double pulse which fools the keyboard that its switching off instead of on, with the power still on the motherboard all the rear USB's work fine with the keyboard.

Maybe Asus needs to look at this problem :bigeyes:

Sigh, too bad it wasn't that easy. However, it also has peaked my curiosity. Are you having any other issues with USB devices? I have had a particularly tricky last few months trying to sort out a USB DAC/AMP with its own drivers. The drivers become corrupted and this occurs somewhere within the boot process. I have managed to get it work for multiple weeks and the success pivots around booting up after the PC has been fully switched of at the back and disconnected from the power source. Since my BIOS fast boot is also off, it should be doing a full start up sequence every time, not just after a "power loss". I am hoping someone has an idea for you that sheds some light on my issue as well.

Thanks C-attack

I did renew drivers I also tried some others to see if that was the problem.

All the USB's work fine no problems with any of my devices apart from the keyboard, however since trying numerous things and one specific thing it started to work - well the ‘Lock key’ and ‘LED on/off key’ are lit after total power down. I turned the keyboard speed settings to 1, which I suspected having timing issues on my rear USB's. I can't remember everything I did but changing the keyboard speeds certainly contributed to rectifying my problem.

I hope our contributions may someone else

Thanks again C-attack

Archived