Corsair Community

CMK32GX4M4A2400C14 - BSOD Problems

Anth

Hi I really am hoping someone can help with this annoying issue.

My PC Setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700 (not overclocked)

Motherboard; MSI B350M Bazooka mATX AM4

Memory: Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2400C14 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4x8 GB) DDR4

PSU: 650w Antec Gold series

GPU: 1030GT Low Power Gigabtye card.

OS: Windows 10 Fall update, fresh install. Not upgraded

I was hoping someone could offer some help. For about the last month. Every single time I turn on the PC at a cold boot. After about 2-3mins of the PC being on and Windows. It BSOD with a different BSOD each time. Most frequently however are errors saying a problem with system memory. Either on board RAM or the CPU L2 memory. Once its done that one BSOD its fine for the rest of the night. Until I turn it off for the night and turn it on the next day and cold boot it again. If I don't turn it off all night and leave it on it does not BSOD either. It is just cold booting this thing.

I have tried a different PSU, no change, tried a different GPU, no change, wiped my hard drive clean and fresh installed windows onto it no change. Tried swapping to a different hard drive. No change.

I have updated my motherboard Bios and installed all needed drivers. No change.

I am suspecting the memory has gone faulty and was going to RMA it. But I am thinking if there are any settings maybe I can put in the bios to see if changing the memory settings may fix this.

I do not want to run memtest as I remember on a PC that had 2GB of Memory, memtest wanted to take literally 26hrs to test that. A PC with 32GB will take for ever to test and cannot leave it unusable for that length of time as the memtest means I cannot use my PC at all while the test is run.

Any ideas. This is driving me mad.

• Corsair Employee
Hi I really am hoping someone can help with this annoying issue.

My PC Setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700 (not overclocked)

Motherboard; MSI B350M Bazooka mATX AM4

Memory: Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2400C14 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4x8 GB) DDR4

PSU: 650w Antec Gold series

GPU: 1030GT Low Power Gigabtye card.

OS: Windows 10 Fall update, fresh install. Not upgraded

I was hoping someone could offer some help. For about the last month. Every single time I turn on the PC at a cold boot. After about 2-3mins of the PC being on and Windows. It BSOD with a different BSOD each time. Most frequently however are errors saying a problem with system memory. Either on board RAM or the CPU L2 memory. Once its done that one BSOD its fine for the rest of the night. Until I turn it off for the night and turn it on the next day and cold boot it again. If I don't turn it off all night and leave it on it does not BSOD either. It is just cold booting this thing.

I have tried a different PSU, no change, tried a different GPU, no change, wiped my hard drive clean and fresh installed windows onto it no change. Tried swapping to a different hard drive. No change.

I have updated my motherboard Bios and installed all needed drivers. No change.

I am suspecting the memory has gone faulty and was going to RMA it. But I am thinking if there are any settings maybe I can put in the bios to see if changing the memory settings may fix this.

I do not want to run memtest as I remember on a PC that had 2GB of Memory, memtest wanted to take literally 26hrs to test that. A PC with 32GB will take for ever to test and cannot leave it unusable for that length of time as the memtest means I cannot use my PC at all while the test is run.

Any ideas. This is driving me mad.

Possibly a bad overclock or your system doesn't like the XMP (totally possible). If you haven't reset your BIOS to stock settings already, go ahead and do so and see if that helps.

If I don't receive some kind of techncal support on this I am just going to have to RMA these things back to you for a replacement as this problem is driving me up the bloody wall.

An RMA isn't out of the question. Please keep in mind that you posted this thread on a weekend and many of us aren't actively monitoring the forum at home.

Archived