Corsair Community

H50 Dust Filter

stubzor

I will be receiving the parts for my build on friday and will use the H50 as the cooler. Since its recommended to use the H50 fans as intake i will be using a push-pull config. However i am worried that the fans will pull dust into the case and act like a vacuum cleaner.

I bought a dust filter to decrease this, but am i sacrificing performance if i install it.? Its obvious that a filter decreases airflow, but will two fans make up for it or should i just forget the filter?

One solution i thought was to put the filter on the 2nd fan but will this cause the radiator to heat up?

Depending on the fans used and density of the fan filter it just may equal out. The filter will impede airflow but high static pressure fans should continue to put out relatively high amounts of airflow even with the filter in place. The 1 to 2 degrees you may see on a high overclock is probably worth it to keep the dust inside the case to a minimum. But thats only my opinion. If you do use it, I would suggest placing it between the case and the first fan. Putting it further down the path is not going to give you any extra performance and will make clean up of the radiator much easier.

Archived