Corsair Community

K63 Compact vs K63 Wireless

Zelgiusthebrave

Hello friends, I'm curious about the ability for the K63 Compact (the wired version with red LEDs) to fit in place of the K63 Wireless in the new lapboard. I know the wireless was designed for the lapboard BUT a friend actually sold me his K63 compact and I've thought about getting a lapboard to do some light gaming with my HTPC.

Plus since the wired has red LEDs it would match the other red LEDs in the PC lol.

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employee
The wired version will fit the Lapboard housing, but it will lack the holes for the locking latches along the top where the wire connects. Your K63 would only be held in by the wrist rest clips, so some extra care would be needed so it doesn't accidentally detach.

The wired version will fit the Lapboard housing, but it will lack the holes for the locking latches along the top where the wire connects. Your K63 would only be held in by the wrist rest clips, so some extra care would be needed so it doesn't accidentally detach.

Are these the clips I've seen a few pictures of around the net on the wireless version? I think I could make due with some electrical tape or some double sided 3M tape that I have, stickiest stuff on the planet.

If I really needed to I suppose I could pop the keyboard open and drill some holes for the clips to work, if I'm feeling ballsy.

Thanks Nick!

Archived