Corsair Community

PWM Fan Set up in Asus BIOS

iio58

Hello

I have replaced my standard 750D Airflow fans with ML140 RGB fans which are PWM. However, I have no idea what the BIOS should look like so I have had a play around with it and have set it as shown in images BIOS1 and BIOS2

Motherboard is the Asus Maximum IX Hero Z270

Picture BIOS1 for the CPU fan (it has my H100i V2 on that)

Picture BIOS2 shows my case fan setting (it is the same for all 3). The 400RPM is because the ML140 RGB range is 400-1200rpm

Do I have this correct? Do I need to change anything else?

Thank you

1829687924_BIOS1.thumb.jpg.51d45d5df111dff4ec510b6118b52c15.jpg

575426064_BIOS2.thumb.jpg.5574d1dab4a688ffc118fce04cea3bc1.jpg

CPU Fan should to be changed to "disabled". That will lock it at the maximum 100%/12v signal. Other Asus BIOS and software features can override your manual PWM setting and I have had the fan tuning program hang trying to work out what to do with the pump lead with no tachometer pin. In the EZ-BIOS page, "disabled" will read as "Full Speed". These are the same.

Sadly, you probably don't have any other options for a control source besides CPU temp. Obviously, your case temp will not fluctuate in sync with CPU activity. However, you definitely want to change the step up/down to 12 seconds to keep it from dynamically changing every second. The aggressiveness of the fan curve is up to you. I have never liked any of the Asus presets. You can pick three control points if you choose manual. You also can do this graphically in the EZ BIOS.

Hi c-attack. Thank you.

So, my CPU has my H100i V2 on it, so you say change that (BIOS1 image) to disabled? Seems counter intuitive doesn't it but you probably know much more than me haha. Will give it a go. Thanks

It's old tech language. "Disabled" refers to disabling the fan control and thus the circuit is wide open at 12v all the times, unable to be changed. Any PWM fan state also will provide the same 12v to the pump it needs in that moment, but the problem is there are quite a few things in the BIOS that will override that fan setting and as mentioned I've had the BIOS fan tuner hang on the pump trying to figure out what to do. Minor adjustment. No harm done at this point.