Corsair Community

5 HD120 Fan Question

Cybold

Hey guys!

First of all sorry for this stupid question :bigeyes:.

So I want to buy a new PC case, and use 5x HD120 RGB fans.

I have a Commander Pro, and a fan hub for 6 fans as well from Corsair.

Now the stupid question is.. Do the fans also have to be attached to the motherboard? Cause I only have 4 Fan headers on my motherboard atm :-(

Tried to browse the forum and internet, but I cant figure out how to connect 5.

Best Regards,

Jordi

PS. I use 2 fans on my AIO from NZXT, and 3 in the case. Or atleast thats the plan.

Not with a Commander Pro. That serves as both a lighting interface with the software (like the Lighting Node Pro) and as a stand alone fan controller for any fan make and model. That is your fan motor power. The small 6 port RGB Lighting Hub is for fan lighting power.

You will need a SATA connection from the PSU to power the C-Pro and another for the RGB Lighting Hub. There will be a USB 2.0 connection from C-Pro to motherboard. You will have the option of running the HD radiator fans from the NZXT controller (assuming it is a Kraken) or all of them from the Commander Pro. It can be done either way.

Take a look at the following guide:

forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Not with a Commander Pro. That serves as both a lighting interface with the software (like the Lighting Node Pro) and as a stand alone fan controller for any fan make and model. That is your fan motor power. The small 6 port RGB Lighting Hub is for fan lighting power.

You will need a SATA connection from the PSU to power the C-Pro and another for the RGB Lighting Hub. There will be a USB 2.0 connection from C-Pro to motherboard. You will have the option of running the HD radiator fans from the NZXT controller (assuming it is a Kraken) or all of them from the Commander Pro. It can be done either way.

Take a look at the following guide:

forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Thanks alot mate, this helped me out! Ill show a result once I am done! :biggrin: