Corsair Community

H115i Platinum without iCUE?

makatech

It is, yes. You won't have control over the fan speeds, the lighting will be default (aka Unicorn Vomit) and you won't be able to monitor it. But it'll work and still do a decent job.

Thank you :)

I should be able to connect fans to motherboard pwm headers? Perhaps the free CPU-fan and CPU-optional fan headers because pump already connects to aio_pump. Colors I should be able to change default color to something static and then uninstall iCUE? Otherwise it would be ok you, I guess.

I assume pump will only run in quiet mode if I connect it like this?

I will try this but I would miss one extremely valuable function in iCUE, the possibility to shutdown computer if CPU running too hot. This possibility is a really good safety feature in iCUE.

Hmmm, what about the USB, I should disconnect this one, right?

Is usb only for rgb and iCUE control?

I believe its for changing the settings of the lights (either fans or pump) and the curves of the fan and pump speeds.

ie factory fan curves might be on balanced, but with iCUE you can change them to be on quite, performance, or make your own custom curves.

I believe its for changing the settings of the lights (either fans or pump) and the curves of the fan and pump speeds.

ie factory fan curves might be on balanced, but with iCUE you can change them to be on quite, performance, or make your own custom curves.

Thank you, the pwm fans shouldn't be an issue, i will try cpu and cpu_opt headers and controlling speed from uefi/bios. I need both headers since I am running fans in a push pull config.

Pump should run on quiet mode by default which is fine too.

Just trying to find out if it's ok to disconnect the usb cord for the aio system, my only question mark. Will be interesting to see if rgb color will become black/disabled or not.

Update: It's working fine, I unplugged usb too.

One pair of radiator fans connected to cpu header and the other pair to cha 2 headers for my push pull config. Reason I didn't use cpu_opt was because hwinfo couldn't read cpu_opt correctly, not sure why and it was a bit annoying, I will do some reading. Probably something between my Asus Prime X370 pro motherboard and hwinfo, everything was looking perfect in uefi.

I believe this will work fine but I will need to connect the usb when updating firmware etc. Also I will miss the great feature in iCUE where you can configure automatic shutdown of computer when reaching a certain cpu temp (very good security feature). I will probably come back to iCUE in the future but now I will run like this for a while.

My static color I choosed before uninstalling iCUE is working fine too.

grab a pwm fan controller?

Why? Using the PWM headers on motherboard is working perfect for the radiator fans (two pair of fans in a push pull config using y-cables). My fan controller from my be quiet! silent base 801 case is full, using this for my case fans.

Ok, not sure if you guys want to answer this as long as I am not running the iCUE software but I will try anyway. ;-)

Currently not using iCUE for my h115i platinum and I have the following setup right now:

* aio pump via aio_pump header

* Two fan pairs for the radiator (aio push pull config) connected to the cpu header and the cha2 header (using y-cables)

Everything is working but this is what confuses me:

How do I know what speed the aio pump is running right now? Will it be maximum speed by default all the tim ewhen connecting to motherboard like I am?

When I was running the Corsair iCUE software, I had two pump speeds to choose from, quiet and extreme.

Is it possible to control pump speed via uefi / bios? Not sure if even is recommended doing that?

If my aio pump is running at maximum speed all the time I may actually get back to iCUE. Great cooling, yes, but perhaps not optimal from a lifespan perspective running it on maximum all the time.

I believe I read somewhere that the pump should run in quiet mode by default but now I am starting to doubt this, perhaps it's actually running in maximum speed all the time?

I have the Asus Prime X370-PRO motherboard

The AIO_PUMP_HEADER makes no difference with this cooler. The cooler only reports a value for the tach to prevent a CPU Fan warning. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the value reported.

You cannot control anything about the cooler except via iCUE. Period. Your fans will be controlled via your fan header but that won't be based on the coolant temp, which is the ideal source temp.

As for lifetime ... running at high speed or low speed shouldn't matter.

Perhaps this thread should be highlighted or Corsair should add a section on their support page? People may actually believe that iCUE is a must for the Platinum series?

My H115i Platinum is running great and totally stable without using iCUE.

Question about connecting pump (h115i platinum).

I have the Asus Prime X370 board.

My aio is running pefectly fine without iCUE but I have a question about the optimal way connecting the pump and the security functions in case of pump failure.

Currently have the pump connected to aio_pump header but perhaps it would be better using the cpu header instead?

Question: Is it true that the the cpu header would give me an automatic warning if aio pump stopped working (loss of signal)?

In addition I believe some (or most) motherboards have functions for shutting down computer if cpu temp reaching a certain limit?

Archived