Corsair Community

H100i RGB Loud Fan

Denzielnanda

Hello,

Recently I bought Corsair H100i RGB Liquid cooler, and mounted the fans on the inside, I also have the Corsair RGB Ram and RGB strip and wanted to power all that with the Commander Pro.

I was powering all my fans to the commander pro to make the setup look cleaner and with fewer cables, the issue I am having is that I have one of the fans that are connected to the radiator to the motherboard, and rest connected to to the commander pro.

Now, when I go to power on the computer, all the other 4 fans are quite and are not loud, but the fan that is connected to the motherboard seems to spin the loudest and is super loud.

Is there any other spot where I am supposed to plug this? Also, what is the cable that comes from the cpu block used for ?

Is there any other spot where I am supposed to plug this? Also, what is the cable that comes from the cpu block used for ?

For the radiator fans... They will be controllable and programmable under the cooler tab in iCUE.

You may want to specify exactly which H100i you have. There are several different models of various ages that have that name. You should be using the splitter coming off the pump for fan control, unless perhaps this is the older 2013 model H100i that might be limited in control in iCUE.

The function of the 3 pin motherboard connector varies from model to model. On some it supplies power to the entire unit and it is critical it receives a full 12v/100% fan signal from the motherboard. Make sure the BIOS is set accordingly. Some have a SATA power supply and then the header is simply for reporting a pump speed (or a derivative of it) and preventing/reporting the CPU boot error. Still no reason to try and tune something that can't be tuned, so it is preferable to disable fan control for the H100i header for all models.

Hydro Series™ H100i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler

That is the model for my cooler above, there is a splitter that comes directly from the CPU block, I have one of my fans that is connected to the rad plugged in the splitter and the other into the 3 Pin on the motherboard

Is there any other setup I should follow.

All my other 3 fans are plugged into the commander pro.

Both fans from the radiator should go into the pump splitter. That’s why there are two connectors. The 3 pin female connector from the pump should go to cpu fan and reports a pump speed to the bios. No actual pump or fan control. That is through iCUE. At present, you have two different control sources for the two radiator fans.

Archived