Corsair Community

Can not update Firmware on my Force 3 240GB

Stiltz85

I tried using the corsair toolbox but it keep failing when trying to update the firmware. I am sick of this SSD it has been slow ever since I bought it a couple years back and the much cheaper SSD in my laptop make this thing look like crawling turtle in a snow storm. I am about to just sell it to some poor uninformed sob and turn to a new brand that isn't such a pain.

That is unless someone can help me figure this out.

Edit: Here are some answered questions I've seen on other threads that you will likely try to ask me.

OS: I have tried it on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

Mobo: I have tried on my Asus G73SW Laptop, My Lenovo Y410P laptop and on my Asus Sabertooth X79 PC.

Which SATA port is the SSD connected to? I have tried every Sata port on my Motherboard

Which SATA controller handles that SATA port? I have both Intel and Marvell, neither work

Which SSD do you have? I have a Corsair Force 3 (Can not update) and I have another Corsair Force GS that I can update.

Current Firmware on my Force 3: 5.02

How does it "not work"? The Force 3 is slow as all hell and when I try to update firmware it always says, "Update Failed"

http://i.imgur.com/Onm6LlC.png

I dug an old drive out of my other laptop and cloned it, managed to finally update firmware but it still has the same slow speeds as before. I think I might just sell this drive. It's been a thorn in my side since the day I got it.

EDIT: Correction, the firmware seems to have fixed the speed issues. Turns out when I "restart" my PC it is still a little sluggish, but when I do a cold boot it now boots up in seconds. Guess I will not be selling this SSD any time soon now that the speeds are where they should be.

• 1 month later...
Could you tell me if the manual update worked? Or if you figured out a different way to update the firmware? I'm having problems with my drive and I just registered for this website and it won't let me look at the link provided for the manual update...

Could you tell me if the manual update worked? Or if you figured out a different way to update the firmware? I'm having problems with my drive and I just registered for this website and it won't let me look at the link provided for the manual update...

I was able to update the firmware after wiping and formatting the drive. I cloned it to an old hard drive I had sitting around and then cloned it back after the firmware update finished.

Archived