Corsair Community

H100i not changing color, really hot temps.

MetalFan777

Hi I have a H100i acting strange.

It started some weeks ago, with the wather block not changing colors as it should.

I also had a Data Crash last Thursday.

And one of the RAM sockets died.

One harddrive died

Syre is higly unstable hemp wise.

Idle temp now is 60°C

Just a little load and it goes up to 80°C an above.

http://s10.postimg.org/x9gvagju1/Corsair_Link_05.03.2018.png

I am in the planning to buy a new motherboard / CPU since the one RAM slot is dead.

So I want to find out it the H100i is a gonner too? or if I can rescue it somehow.

It seems like the pump is working as it should.

Same with fans.

They have been working in this configuration since 2015.

One another thing is Temp #11 shows 103°C

And Temp #10 Jumps from 0 to 127°C.

So i guess the motherboard is a gonner.

This is a X99 rigg.

MB: ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1

SPU: i7-5820K at 3,30 GHz No overclock now!

RAM: 32 (for the moment just 16)

What do you think of this?

Is the H100i dead to?

• Corsair Employee

The cooler's pump rpm seems to be within spec, so that is a good sign. Just not sure what's causing your CPU temp to run that high on idle. But since the MB's temps are a little wonky, it's possible that your MB is spitting out inaccurate values. What are the readings in BIOS? are they consistent vs Corsair Link readings?

If your cooler is indeed faulty, you can always get a replacement via RMA under our warranty so there's no need to buy a new cooler.

The cooler's pump rpm seems to be within spec, so that is a good sign. Just not sure what's causing your CPU temp to run that high on idle. But since the MB's temps are a little wonky, it's possible that your MB is spitting out inaccurate values. What are the readings in BIOS? are they consistent vs Corsair Link readings?

If your cooler is indeed faulty, you can always get a replacement via RMA under our warranty so there's no need to buy a new cooler.

Same temps as here.

Can it be that the cooler is broken and is the cause of the problem?

Some others here suggests that high temps may be because of blocked stream in the loop.

As of now it is a lott more noisy that before this happened.

I could have the H100i on silent without any trouble.

Now it is on working like hell.

But it seems it cant hold the temps down.

Just a little load (50% for more than 5 sec) and the temps rises critically.

Yeah ... I would look at RMA. If you look at the coolant temperature, it's over 50C. That's pretty warm and will definitely give you issues with cooling the CPU. The only other thing that could cause this would be high ambient/internal temperatures but the fact that your GPU is at a very reasonable 39C would indicate that this isn't likely to be the issue. We have, however, seen instance on the forum where the airflow and case configuration caused hot air to "collect" around the radiator, preventing it from properly cooling. How is your radiator airflow configured? Is there any obstruction? What kind of case are you using?

Archived