Corsair Community

TX850 complete power down problem

dstutters

Hi,

I've been running a system since Sept 2011 and have had intermittent power failure problems since then. After running something reasonably intensive for about 30 mins, I get a complete power off and then need to wait about 10-15 mins before the system automatically reboots. When the system's not being stressed, it runs with no issues.

I've checked temps on the processor and GPU and neither seem out of the ordinary at full load. I tried rebuilding it to check all the connections are solid and couldn't find an issue there either. Also fitted a bunch of extra fans and raised the case off the floor to check the PSU fan wasn't obstructed.

Any thoughts on whether this is a PSU or MB problem? Is it something I should request an RMA for?

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a spare system to swap out particular components.

Any help appreciated.

Dave

• Corsair Employee

Do you know if the PSU fan is running when the system in under stress? Sound like a heat problem, the fact the PSU runs fine after a 10-15 break.

I would check the outputs while the system is under stress and see if any of the rails is running out of spec.

Archived