Corsair Community

Just finished build... bad hot swap panel on my 800D??

Lastoria24

I can post any hardware information you need, but I figured I'd cut to the chase. I JUST finished my PC. My issue is some type of communication problem with the hot swap panel/my ssd's/my motherboard.

Motherboard - EVGA Z68

SSD's - 2x Corsair Force GT 90gb

Case - 800D

Here's what I've figured out. My 1tb WD HD will work in the hot swap panel, in any of the four slots, but my SSD's will not. If i bypass the panel, my ssd's are detected. I've tried different power cables, different sata cables, all the same results. The SSD's are installed correctly in the cage and are fully connecting to the hot swap panel, that was the first thing I thought of.

Again, i just finished assembling this PC, so I have no OS installed yet (obviously, and it will be Ultimate W7 64-bit). I think for now, since I built this PC for Star Wars: The Old Republic, I'll just bypass the panel and get everything installed and running.

I know there were different versions of the hot swap panel, and mine is the newest (single power plug). If anyone wondered.

The only thing that is leaning my away from saying the panel is "bad", is that my 1TB HD is being detected...

Thanks ahead of time for ANY input. Back to messing with this thing, gotta get it up and running!

I can post any hardware information you need, but I figured I'd cut to the chase. I JUST finished my PC. My issue is some type of communication problem with the hot swap panel/my ssd's/my motherboard.

Motherboard - EVGA Z68

SSD's - 2x Corsair Force GT 90gb

Case - 800D

Here's what I've figured out. My 1tb WD HD will work in the hot swap panel, in any of the four slots, but my SSD's will not. If i bypass the panel, my ssd's are detected. I've tried different power cables, different sata cables, all the same results. The SSD's are installed correctly in the cage and are fully connecting to the hot swap panel, that was the first thing I thought of.

Again, i just finished assembling this PC, so I have no OS installed yet (obviously, and it will be Ultimate W7 64-bit). I think for now, since I built this PC for Star Wars: The Old Republic, I'll just bypass the panel and get everything installed and running.

I know there were different versions of the hot swap panel, and mine is the newest (single power plug). If anyone wondered.

The only thing that is leaning my away from saying the panel is "bad", is that my 1TB HD is being detected...

Thanks ahead of time for ANY input. Back to messing with this thing, gotta get it up and running!

This is a known issue. See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=100137

If Corsair hasn't revised the SATA III Backplane to work properly with the SSD's then submitting an RMA probably will not do much as one will end up with the same problem.

Both of my brothers have built nearly identical PC's (i have different gpus), and they dont have an issue with the panel.

I removed the panel last night in hopes to RMA it soon... Hate having my drives just lay in the case...

I fiddled with them a lot too, never could get the SSD's to detect. Although my 1TB HD worked in every slot, no issues...

Regardless, I have my PC up and running, I can handle this whenever.

• Corsair Employee

It might have been just bad ports on the PCB, have you tried moving the drives around and see if it yields the same result?

On the side note, I would try to install your OS first by bypassing the backplane then once you have OS isntalled reconnect it and see if that helps.

Archived