Corsair Community

K63 Poor Battery Life?

Waterman

I was shocked when my K63 run out of battery. I just got this Corsair One and K63 keyboard like 2 days ago. When I open the new K63, I make sure I fully charge it.

I just can't believe that I have to charge it for 2 hours again, this is turning a wireless keyboard into a wired keyboard?

My Apple Wireless Keyboard can last for weeks.

May someone explain?

I used it at normal brightness, I will be starting to turn off the light. It does not feel right to keep charging it every other day, I never need to do this for the Apple Wireless Keyboard.

I believe the other reason why the keyboard battery die so fast is that the keyboard does not automatically turn off when I turn off my computer. I have to manually turn it off myself.

I don't quite understand, Apple keyboard is cheaper, but it knows how to automatically shut down, why is this feature not built into this keyboard? It helps to conserve energy.

I used it at normal brightness, I will be starting to turn off the light. It does not feel right to keep charging it every other day, I never need to do this for the Apple Wireless Keyboard.

I believe the other reason why the keyboard battery die so fast is that the keyboard does not automatically turn off when I turn off my computer. I have to manually turn it off myself.

I don't quite understand, Apple keyboard is cheaper, but it knows how to automatically shut down, why is this feature not built into this keyboard? It helps to conserve energy.

I don't understand this as well. I have old wireless logitech keyboard with backlight, it says 10days battery but if I use it every now and then it can last couple of months.

This one looks to be working constantly instead of going into sleep, corsair also confirmed that you have to switch it off if you're not using it lol. Very basic wireless technology seem like it.

I don't understand this as well. I have old wireless logitech keyboard with backlight, it says 10days battery but if I use it every now and then it can last couple of months.

This one looks to be working constantly instead of going into sleep, corsair also confirmed that you have to switch it off if you're not using it lol. Very basic wireless technology seem like it.

This is what making me having some kind buyer remorse for the keyboard. If this keyboard is only like $50, I guess I am fine with it. But this keyboard cost $109 without tax. ...and I am questioning what is so special in this keyboard that make it costs so much?

• Corsair Employee
Regarding sleep/hibernation and battery life, both products feature a power switch and are meant to be turned off when not in-use for long periods of time. They do have states to conserve power, but they are also complex, robust, and responsive high-performance devices akin to their wired counter-parts.

Regarding sleep/hibernation and battery life, both products feature a power switch and are meant to be turned off when not in-use for long periods of time. They do have states to conserve power, but they are also complex, robust, and responsive high-performance devices akin to their wired counter-parts.

I tested it again, this time without the blue light on at all time. I also remind myself to turn the mechanical switch off when not in used. It is always off when my computer is off.

It is rather disappointing still, the battery can only last for 4 days, on day 5 (today), the red light blinks, and I have to put the USB wire back again.

It has been more than an hour already and the keyboard is still not fully charged. This is increasingly becoming a wired keyboard. I wanted a wireless keyboard to get rid of wire-clutters on my desk.

Why is the Logitech G613 able to last 18 months and this can only last for days?

• Corsair Employee

First I'd like to say if the battery performance isn't achieving the stated numbers, please contact support.

Regarding the products mentioned in the previous post, I'd use an apples and oranges analogy where both are round and grow on tree's, but their appearance and internals are noticeably different.

On the K63 Wireless we have a powerful MCU (relative to product level), 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover, a different battery circuit design allowing for USB charging (as well as USB connectivity), and a lighting controller to drive the blue LED backlighting among other things. We suggest, like other devices with power switches, that it be turned off when idle for long periods as we've packed a lot into this little keyboard.

That all being said we're always looking to action our customers feedback and well noted on idle power consumption which we've passed along to the team, thank you.

If this is true why do the lights on my K63 turn off randomly. Are you saying that this is a feature? I know I can turn them off with the button or dim them but when they turn off in the middle of using it, it annoys me.

First I'd like to say if the battery performance isn't achieving the stated numbers, please contact support.

Regarding the products mentioned in the previous post, I'd use an apples and oranges analogy where both are round and grow on tree's, but their appearance and internals are noticeably different.

On the K63 Wireless we have a powerful MCU (relative to product level), 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover, a different battery circuit design allowing for USB charging (as well as USB connectivity), and a lighting controller to drive the blue LED backlighting among other things. We suggest, like other devices with power switches, that it be turned off when idle for long periods as we've packed a lot into this little keyboard.

That all being said we're always looking to action our customers feedback and well noted on idle power consumption which we've passed along to the team, thank you.

Thank you for into it seriously.

I have been using the USB though my monitor to charge the keyboard, it has been more than 4 hours already, the red light is still on? that means it is not fully charged right? is that normal? what is the official time to fully charge it?

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for into it seriously.

I have been using the USB though my monitor to charge the keyboard, it has been more than 4 hours already, the red light is still on? that means it is not fully charged right? is that normal? what is the official time to fully charge it?

That is not normal behavior, try using a different port directly from your PC. Plugged into the required USB 3.0 port, it will charge in 3-4 hours depending on usage and current charge level.

• Corsair Employee
If this is true why do the lights on my K63 turn off randomly. Are you saying that this is a feature? I know I can turn them off with the button or dim them but when they turn off in the middle of using it, it annoys me.

The lighting has a timeout of 15 minutes when idle by default and can be adjusted in CUE.

That is not normal behavior, try using a different port directly from your PC. Plugged into the required USB 3.0 port, it will charge in 3-4 hours depending on usage and current charge level.

It is plugged into a USB 3 port, the same place I used it to charge the keyboard for the very first time. The red light is still on now...that means not fully charged..it is 5 hours already.

You guys keep saying that standby mode is very advanced, no ghosting etc etc....surely if keyboard is not used those functions don't matter. This is the only product on the market that is said to have sleep mode and yet maximum use time is 75hrs and maximum time when it's not used is 75hrs.... I'm pretty sure there are more advanced products than just keyboard and they can multiple their operating time when not in use. Thanks for passing the feedback though.

Just bought this a few hours ago and it took about 80 mins to charge fully from the wall charger. Had I been forced to charge it from the PC it would have been a deal breaker. Fortunately it's not the case. Fits the adjustable laptop desk I got off ebay perfecty, with the other part for the mouse. Just velcroed the keyboard to the desk and I think I'm going to love this keyboard. I don't use the lights so the battery life should be ok, as long as I remember to turn it off when I shut the PC down. A percentage remaining on the taskbar icon would be useful, as would a warning when the battery is getting low.

After 2 days of charging, it is still red and blinking, the blue light for the keyboard does not even work anymore while the USB cable being plugged in....I contacted customer service, they me told to RMA. The customer service is very nice and listen to my problem, unfortunately, we believe it is probably a hardware defect.

One thing you awesome folks should think about is that when you make a wireless product, having to plug it in every couple days kind of defeats the purpose for some people since it's really just a chore at that point, and you might as well go wired full time because while you'll have a wire to worry about, you never have to worry about it working or not when you go to pick it up.

With that said, I have a simple question: With the K63 in the new corsair Lapboard, is there room to tape or glue on an external USB battery pack without making it thicker on one side?

One thing you awesome folks should think about is that when you make a wireless product, having to plug it in every couple days kind of defeats the purpose for some people since it's really just a chore at that point, and you might as well go wired full time because while you'll have a wire to worry about, you never have to worry about it working or not when you go to pick it up.

With that said, I have a simple question: With the K63 in the new corsair Lapboard, is there room to tape or glue on an external USB battery pack without making it thicker on one side?

They do it this way so that users can purchase the Dark Core SE along with the Mouse pad that will charge your mouse and keyboard. , it all comes down to money..

The thing is that on my other PC I have a $50.00 Wireless Keyboard and mouse where the batteries last for months. I have invested over $200 USD's in this KB and Mouse and to use them I have to have The mouse wired. This sort of defeats the purpose of being wireless.

The blue back lighting on the KB go out while in use. Nice try Corsair.

Just charge the keyboard using a 2A wall charger, like something you charge a tablet with. I don't want to go near the PC base unit, it's about 10 feet away, and that is the whole point of getting a wireless keyboard as I want to sit on my sofa and play Battlefield 1 on my 55" TV, but not on a console, and not on my PC desk with a 22" screen. I thought about the lapboard, but the little adjustable laptop desk I got off ebay is much better and the keyboard fits perfectly. If I'd have to charge the keyboard via the PC then I'd return the keyboard to the shop as I don't want to go near the base unit, apart from switching it on, and I wouldn't run a USB cable across my living room to charge it, so wall charged is perfect, just like all my other wireless devices.

Just charge the keyboard using a 2A wall charger, like something you charge a tablet with. I don't want to go near the PC base unit, it's about 10 feet away, and that is the whole point of getting a wireless keyboard as I want to sit on my sofa and play Battlefield 1 on my 55" TV, but not on a console, and not on my PC desk with a 22" screen. I thought about the lapboard, but the little adjustable laptop desk I got off ebay is much better and the keyboard fits perfectly. If I'd have to charge the keyboard via the PC then I'd return the keyboard to the shop as I don't want to go near the base unit, apart from switching it on, and I wouldn't run a USB cable across my living room to charge it, so wall charged is perfect, just like all my other wireless devices.

That is how I do charge it. The lighting goes off after 15 minutes. I was told that this can be adjusted in CUE. So far I have not found a way to do it. It gets rather annoying when the lights go out during use.

That is how I do charge it. The lighting goes off after 15 minutes. I was told that this can be adjusted in CUE. So far I have not found a way to do it. It gets rather annoying when the lights go out during use.

Go CUE, then Global Settings, then click the Wireless icon and you can adjust the timeout there

Here's my setup with this keyboard

https://imgur.com/a/tBF7u

https://imgur.com/b09Z7th

Archived