Corsair Community

change audio device with G key?

neto333

Hi, i bought the k95 platinum. And i want to know if there is a way to assign a G key to an specific audio device (i play with my headset but some times i play music or movies with the speakers). Im not an expert in this, but i heard that you can make an script and do more advanced things. Can someone tell me if this is possible?

Thank you.

option 1

more options and details on option 1

You will need to figure out a way to do it, even by recording yourself manually switching it down at the bottom right assuming you are in windows. Then you need to be able to tell Cue how to play that back and what key to bind it to.

Very doable. I'm actually interested in trying this out later when i get home bc i do that a lot as well, switching audio defaults from monitor, tv, headset etc and a button might be a nice way to do that. I think you need to be sure the names and stuff are correct for your system.

option 1

more options and details on option 1

You will need to figure out a way to do it, even by recording yourself manually switching it down at the bottom right assuming you are in windows. Then you need to be able to tell Cue how to play that back and what key to bind it to.

Very doable. I'm actually interested in trying this out later when i get home bc i do that a lot as well, switching audio defaults from monitor, tv, headset etc and a button might be a nice way to do that. I think you need to be sure the names and stuff are correct for your system.

Thank you all. Is working :)

^volume_up::
Run, nircmd setdefaultsounddevice "G2770"
return
^volume_down::
Run, nircmd setdefaultsounddevice "Headset Earphone"
return

This works nicely for my purposes with the keyboard volume controls (or i assume the headsets also) just need to figure out how to have it pick automatically when i plug my tv in.

Archived