Corsair Community

UPS for my RM750i

0v3rl0rd

Hi

So, my question is (hopefully) simple: I'm looking for a UPS for my PC, which consists of following:

MBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050TI Windforce 2 OC

SSD 1: Samsung 960 EVO

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO

(and most importantly for this topic)

PSU: Corsair RM750i

Other (permanently connected): K&M via one unifying receiver, USB WiFi dongle, 3x140mm fans, LED strip.

From time to time: few USB HDDs (2,5").

On many places online I have read that PSUs that have active PFC are having troubles with UPS which has simulated sine wave.

I was wondering if my PSU will work with any of the below UPS:

1) APC BE700G-GR

2) APC BX950U-GR

3) APC BX1400U-GR

4) CyberPower BR1000ELCD

5) CyberPower UT1500E

Note: all of the above have simulated sine wave output.

If anyone has tried a UPS with simulated sine wave output with the RM750i - please share Your info.

I have a few pure sine wave options (CyberPower CP900EPFCLCD, CP1300EPFCLCD, CP1500EPFCLCD), but those are DOUBLE/TRIPLE the price :/

What I need the UPS for: here where I live, often there are short blackouts - few seconds. Sometimes (about once or twice a month) the blackouts last for half an hour max. So, basically, I need a UPS to "survive" over those few-seconds-blackouts, and for those longer blackouts to be able to safely shutdown the PC.

I don't need to keep it running on UPS for more than 5 minutes.

Also, I already have the APC PM6U-GR surge protection device, but that is only good until a blackout occurs unfortunately.

Any help appreciated :)

Hi 0v3rl0rd,

For your power supply I would go for a 950VA model or higher assuming you will be pulling the max out of that 750W PSU in the future. Currently you would only pull about ~300-350 give or take. With that you could use a lower one, ~700VA but I aim high when I get a UPS so I can also protect my monitor, router, ect.

Hope that helps!

Hi 0v3rl0rd,

For your power supply I would go for a 950VA model or higher assuming you will be pulling the max out of that 750W PSU in the future. Currently you would only pull about ~300-350 give or take. With that you could use a lower one, ~700VA but I aim high when I get a UPS so I can also protect my monitor, router, ect.

Hope that helps!

Hi, thank You for Your reply.

What I'm looking to power with the UPS is ONLY the PC+monitor - I don't need to plug in the router, printer, speakers, etc.

I am planning to get something that will serve the purpose POWER WISE, i.e. something over ~900VA.

Regarding my main concern: will the RM750i have any problems with a simulated sine wave output from the UPS? Should I take any from the list in the OP or is it a "must" that I go for a pure sine wave output?

• 5 months later...

I contacted CyberPower UPS as I have the same PSU as you... this is their response. So the answer is yes you will need one with pure sine wave UPS -this is the one I am getting

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/UPS/UPS/68078-CP1300EPFCLCDa-AU

Hello Towle,

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

You will need a pure sin wave UPS, If your computer is equipped with 80PLUS certified (supports APFC technology for high efficiency of power conversion) it requires pure sine wave UPS to work properly. Only Pure Sine Wave UPS could be compatible with this kind of PSU.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. You can contact us through email at: au.service@cyberpower.com or you can call our Global Helpline Number at: 1800713156.

Archived