Corsair Community

Corsair link2 crashes my computer

Iamanerd2

I get BSOD everytime i grab the title bar of corsairlink to move the window. i get sierra2 has stopped working. and within 1 min i get bsod. now i think it might have to do with multiple programs attempting to control or read temps fan speed etc... and maybe threads are hijacking one another. i use ai suite 2, amd overdrive, and windows 8 x64. i have tried this on a fresh install on windows 8 x64 and windows 7 x64 with exact same results.

oh i use a h100i cooler no fans hooked to it fans controlled on mobo. only power and link cable to usb header.

Seems that not working is limited to Win8 x64. I have it running on a P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt with Win8 32-bit, not running in compatibility mode. It did lose its recognition of the H80i and fans one time but moving the USB to another on-board port detected them again and it's been OK since.

it seems to conflict with asus ai 2 software. its either one or the other and if i choose corsair link it bsods with sierra 2 service error pop up then within a min it crashes. if i choose the ai suite then i have to disable asus fan service because it hangs on startup and never starts and also gives error. but its funny that it still works. i think that asus's ai suite fanxpert part of the software or any other software capable of controlling a fan is installed they butt heads and crash each others service then the bsod. ive not tried to run just corsair link on a fresh install with no other program to verify this just preliminary assumption. also link v2 software also does not work under w7x64 either.

but yes ive completely disconnected usb cable and fans and put them on q control in bios, happy to say my board has a cpu and cpu aux 4 pin slot so i can control both fans according to temp easier just put the pump sensor on opt fan1 to watch it so no cpu fan error. less wire too. i'm a programmer of many languages and could put together a better software package in less time on a real release schedule in my sleep. come on corsair, i just spent 2500 in parts to trust your product to keep it safe.iv also bought other corsair parts of the past that were of excellent quality for this to not be of the same caliber is a shame.

• 1 year later...

Same here... Corsair Link Causes Freeze on Windows 8 , 8.1

I have also Asus Z77 but its not Mob's problem, i had without problem a succesfull install

with windows 7 , so its Window's problem

also had same freezes with SSD's Samsung Magisian software

Windows 8 don't like 3rd part control programs lol ....

Archived